    steven@nospam.com wrote:
    > I can't install SP1 on my computer.
    >
    > The error message is I need
    > administrator rights. But
    > I am the only one using the computer
    > and already have administrator rights.
    >
    > How can I get SP1 to install?
    >
    > Steve
    Are you logged in as administrator? What security programs do you have
    installed?
    -max

    --
    Virus Removal Instructions: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/
    Keeping Windows Clean: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/madmax.html

    On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 11:22:17 -0500, "Max M.Wachtel III"
    <maxpro4u@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

    >steven@nospam.com wrote:
    >> I can't install SP1 on my computer.
    >>
    >> The error message is I need
    >> administrator rights. But
    >> I am the only one using the computer
    >> and already have administrator rights.
    >>
    >> How can I get SP1 to install?
    >>
    >> Steve
    >Are you logged in as administrator?
    yes

    What security programs do you have
    >installed?

    AVG anti-virus version 7

    "steven@nospam.com" wrote:

    > On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 11:22:17 -0500, "Max M.Wachtel III"
    > <maxpro4u@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
    >
    > >steven@nospam.com wrote:
    > >> I can't install SP1 on my computer.
    > >>
    > >> The error message is I need
    > >> administrator rights. But
    > >> I am the only one using the computer
    > >> and already have administrator rights.
    > >>
    > >> How can I get SP1 to install?
    > >>
    > >> Steve
    > >Are you logged in as administrator?
    > yes
    >
    > What security programs do you have
    > >installed?
    >
    > AVG anti-virus version 7
    >
    > >-max

    Clean your computer of spyware:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en
    Then install SP2. Forget all previous updates. SP2 includes all prior
    patches many of which are improved.

    On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 17:43:02 -0800, "Chuck Davis"
    <ChuckDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >"steven@nospam.com" wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 11:22:17 -0500, "Max M.Wachtel III"
    >> <maxpro4u@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

    >> >Are you logged in as administrator?
    >> yes
    >>
    >> What security programs do you have
    >> >installed?
    >>
    >> AVG anti-virus version 7
    >>
    >> >-max
    >>

    >Clean your computer of spyware:

    Removed a long time ago.

    >http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en
    >Then install SP2. Forget all previous updates. SP2 includes all prior
    >patches many of which are improved.

    >>Clean your computer of spyware:
    >
    >Removed a long time ago.

    Then do it again. If you did it a long time ago you
    probably have tons more.

    In news:23ec01c4f8b2$d84a6d80$a301280a@phx.gbl,
    Granny <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    >>>Clean your computer of spyware:
    >>
    >>Removed a long time ago.
    >>
    > Then do it again. If you did it a long time ago you
    > probably have tons more.

    And do it on a regular basis--at least weekly or so.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

Computers Microsoft Error Message Windows XP