steven@nospam.com wrote:
> I can't install SP1 on my computer.
>
> The error message is I need
> administrator rights. But
> I am the only one using the computer
> and already have administrator rights.
>
> How can I get SP1 to install?
>
> Steve
Are you logged in as administrator? What security programs do you have
installed?
-max

--
Virus Removal Instructions: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/
Keeping Windows Clean: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/madmax.html

steven

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 11:22:17 -0500, "Max M.Wachtel III"
<maxpro4u@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>steven@nospam.com wrote:
>> I can't install SP1 on my computer.
>>
>> The error message is I need
>> administrator rights. But
>> I am the only one using the computer
>> and already have administrator rights.
>>
>> How can I get SP1 to install?
>>
>> Steve
>Are you logged in as administrator?
yes

What security programs do you have
>installed?

AVG anti-virus version 7

"steven@nospam.com" wrote:

> On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 11:22:17 -0500, "Max M.Wachtel III"
> <maxpro4u@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>
> >steven@nospam.com wrote:
> >> I can't install SP1 on my computer.
> >>
> >> The error message is I need
> >> administrator rights. But
> >> I am the only one using the computer
> >> and already have administrator rights.
> >>
> >> How can I get SP1 to install?
> >>
> >> Steve
> >Are you logged in as administrator?
> yes
>
> What security programs do you have
> >installed?
>
> AVG anti-virus version 7
>
> >-max

Clean your computer of spyware:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en
Then install SP2. Forget all previous updates. SP2 includes all prior
patches many of which are improved.

steven

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 17:43:02 -0800, "Chuck Davis"
<ChuckDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>"steven@nospam.com" wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 11:22:17 -0500, "Max M.Wachtel III"
>> <maxpro4u@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>> >Are you logged in as administrator?
>> yes
>>
>> What security programs do you have
>> >installed?
>>
>> AVG anti-virus version 7
>>
>> >-max
>>

>Clean your computer of spyware:

Removed a long time ago.

>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en
>Then install SP2. Forget all previous updates. SP2 includes all prior
>patches many of which are improved.

>>Clean your computer of spyware:
>
>Removed a long time ago.

Then do it again. If you did it a long time ago you
probably have tons more.

In news:23ec01c4f8b2$d84a6d80$a301280a@phx.gbl,
Granny <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

>>>Clean your computer of spyware:
>>
>>Removed a long time ago.
>>
> Then do it again. If you did it a long time ago you
> probably have tons more.

And do it on a regular basis--at least weekly or so.

Please reply to the newsgroup