rmdsc

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2006
Hi, I'm getting a new comp soon, and for the case I was planning to get the Thermaltake Tsunami. Apparently a version of it comes with a 400W PSU. What I'd like to know is whether it'll be any good, and if it'll be enough? For CPU I'm getting the E6300, and for graphics card 7600GS.

As you can tell from these I'm on a pretty tight budget... Also, I'm hoping to be able to use this new comp for a solid few years. Will I be better off getting a cheaper case and another PSU?

Please help! :? Thanks!

Gah

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
Thermaltake makes decent PSUs, and 400W should run that fine...
You will have to upgrade the PSU if/when you plan on upgrading most other parts of your computer though.

rmdsc

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2006
Thanks for the replies...

I managed to stumbled across an xbit article on Thermaltake PSU's, and found out that the ones installed on the Tsunami are relabelled 250W units that blows at 300W or so.... 8O

Seeing as no one nearby sells them without the PSU, I guess I'll have to find a cheaper case. I really wanted the Shark, but that's even more expensive >"<, and the Foxconn TLA-473 seems rather cheap....

Anyway so I was thinking about getting the NZXT Nemesis Elite Black, and a Thermaltake Purepower 460W W0063. Can anyone give me some advice on this please? I'm particularly interested in the Nemesis' cooling quality. I use quite a bit of HDDs and wants to makes sure they can lead long fruitful lives :D

breadtruck

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
Dude, the Tsunami case is the BOMB! I've used cheep cases for years and you wont believe how easy your build will go and the quality of a Thermaltake case. Save up for a better PS because this case will last and wont look like a piece of #@&** sitting on your desk.