WAP-cam

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
November 4, 2004 4:13:55 PM

I am setting up a surveillance system and I want to monitor the cam using
al cell phone. Are there any cams that support this out of the box?
Or else what kind of software is there to do this?

--
Henry

More about : wap cam

Anonymous
November 18, 2004 8:51:51 PM

Henry <henry@procura.invalid> wrote in message news:<7mahq58nba56$.dlg@lt10.procura.nl>...
> I am setting up a surveillance system and I want to monitor the cam using
> al cell phone. Are there any cams that support this out of the box?
> Or else what kind of software is there to do this?

Any digital netcam can stream video, and the cell phone viewer(s) that
are available usually tie-in with a backend service. So really what
you need is a service for streaming your cams, or you can purchase the
server if you're real serious.

Actually there are some really great new services coming online.

http://www.usrelay.com

This one provides high end hosting including bandwidth, mirroring (so
the camera is only hit by the server and the server mirrors it to many
live visitors on your website (if you want that)), and video
recording/archiving. This is all done through a website account.

And also checkout the IVista Server from inetcam.

http://www.inetcam.com

Good luck.

netcam@gmail.com
http://netcam.typepad.com