How long does building a computer take?

clutchstrike

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
After you get the parts, how long does it take to build a computer, considering it is my first time, without any breaks. Up to the point where you have all drivers installed in windows, but before overclocking. Could I do it all in one day with help from someone who has built a computer before?

Yes. It can be done in under a day. I can have machines assembled and ready to fire up in 10 minutes (before the OS install), but only because I build computers at my job. If someone who has built a computer before is there with you helping along, I would estimate it could be done in about 4-5 hours (with the OS install).

But just so it's not a shock.... something always goes wrong the first time :wink:

UAL3312

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
i built my first Recently took me like 7 hours by myself to get it all together by directions and documentation reading. as for errors i left the little plastic piece on the bottom of my C2D lol oops, pulled it off and it worked flawlessly

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
After you get the parts, how long does it take to build a computer, considering it is my first time, without any breaks. Up to the point where you have all drivers installed in windows, but before overclocking. Could I do it all in one day with help from someone who has built a computer before?
Don't worry so much about how quickly you can build it. Take your time, triple-check everything, and by not rushing you will avoid any "silly" mistakes. Expect at least something to be forgotten, or wrong, but don't stress over it. It's a nice feeling, when it's all done, and first boot completes. GL :)

Second, Take your time.
You don't want to forget something.

Don't be suprised if something goes wrong.
Something always does your first build.

Just read the manuials, and trust yourself.
Once you get the hang of it, it's really not to hard to do.