webcam and messenger

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 4, 2004 7:26:09 PM

I have this on msn groups and nobody knows the soloution. I am using my
logitech webcam on msn messenger and it works fine, I am now trying to send
signals from my tv card using the webcam lines. Using MSN messenger 6.2,
Menu tools/wizard camera sound and vision select the tv videocard. But every
time I start it up after one second the computer XP/SP2 closes down and
reboots.So all my conections are lost. There is no damage to the computer,
any tips on how I can fix this. Sorry if this is not directly webcam stuff,
but nobody else seems to be able to help me.
Regards
Graham
hutson@chello.nl

More about : webcam messenger

Anonymous
November 5, 2004 2:18:06 AM

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:26:09 +0100, "graham at work"
<j.hutson@chello.nl> wrote:

>I have this on msn groups and nobody knows the soloution. I am using my
>logitech webcam on msn messenger and it works fine, I am now trying to send
>signals from my tv card using the webcam lines. Using MSN messenger 6.2,
>Menu tools/wizard camera sound and vision select the tv videocard. But every
>time I start it up after one second the computer XP/SP2 closes down and
>reboots.So all my conections are lost. There is no damage to the computer,
>any tips on how I can fix this. Sorry if this is not directly webcam stuff,
>but nobody else seems to be able to help me.
>Regards
>Graham
>hutson@chello.nl

If your capture card uses a brooktree (BT8xx) chip, try the below
driver.

http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/
!