Neighboor cracked my WEP

aknight

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
One of my neighboors in their leetness cracked my WEP encryption. I know cuz of the logs. I know that i could just set up WPA or something and change/hide my ssid, set up MAC filtering etc. but I was wondering if there was something better I could do. What can I do to get back at this sneaky neighboor?

blue68f100

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
There are laws against it. Turn him in. Maybe some jail time will change his attitude.

Make sure you save your logs for evidence.

Switch over to WPA use a pass phrase from http://www.grc.com/passwords he want have enough time in his lifetime to crack it.

If you have a spare Router. Set it up for you. Hide SSID, WPA security.

Then ....

If you have a spare computer you want to sacrifice. Put in on a lan by it self for 24 hr with no protection what so ever (maker sure the NAT is off, we want the bad stuff to find it). Then connect it to the router that he has cracked. make sure file sharing is turrned on so he will have full access, NO Internet access. Then when he goes snooping he will be bombarded with a mass of adware and virus.

I'm using 256bit wpa.

Madwand

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006
Keep your door locked with a $10 child-proof lock, let all the neighbors know about your cool idea, then wait for people to come in and then smack them with your baseball bat / whatever you have handy. This is the physical equivalent of WEP security and punitive measures.

kdxrider9262

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2006
Keep your door locked with a $10 child-proof lock, let all the neighbors know about your cool idea, then wait for people to come in and then smack them with your baseball bat / whatever you have handy. This is the physical equivalent of WEP security and punitive measures.

I would use a spiked club of doom if I were you (WPA security physical equivalent). Causes more DPS

Jackal

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
get packet sniffer, http sniffer, password sniffer etc... let him use the internet n u use these sniffers 2 find out whr or wht websites he went into and u can get his e-mail password or his credit card no. if he's using it, but don't use those... just show him the credit card no :twisted: