make windows my default program

I would beloved patriot to make word my default program. i use openorg at the moment but
it is not reconised by others promam i' m working with.I can't either
transfer my openorg documents into word

"yes I had word when I bought the computer, then I instaled openorg which
became my default program and I can't reverse it

sorry I wrote windows I meant Word

"blueseas" wrote:

> I would beloved patriot to make word my default program. i use openorg at the moment but
> it is not reconised by others promam i' m working with.I can't either
> transfer my openorg documents into word

First you have to buy the program! You did - correct?

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

blueseas wrote:

> "yes I had word when I bought the computer, then I instaled openorg which
> became my default program and I can't reverse it

Open Office (which is what I assume you're talking about), became the
default because you told it to when you installed it. If you want Word
to be the default for .doc files, right-click on one and choose Word if
it's one of the defaults listed. If not, click on Choose Program, select
Word from the list, and check "Always Use the Selected Program..."

Ras

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2003

If you are wanting a document to open with 'Word' right-click on this
document and select 'Open With' and then 'Choose Program'. Select 'Word'
and make sure to put a check mark in the box next to 'Always use the
selected program to open this kind of file'. Any file with that same file
extension will now open with 'Word'.

"blueseas" <blueseas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would beloved patriot to make word my default program. i use openorg at the moment
but
> it is not reconised by others promam i' m working with.I can't either
> transfer my openorg documents into word

thank you for the answer. I' ve done that but when word open it doesn't
reconise the files and all what I have is some squares and stanges signs.

"ras" wrote:

> If you are wanting a document to open with 'Word' right-click on this
> document and select 'Open With' and then 'Choose Program'. Select 'Word'
> and make sure to put a check mark in the box next to 'Always use the
> selected program to open this kind of file'. Any file with that same file
> extension will now open with 'Word'.
>

> "blueseas" <blueseas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I would beloved patriot to make word my default program. i use openorg at the moment
> but
> > it is not reconised by others promam i' m working with.I can't either
> > transfer my openorg documents into word

You need to open the application in which you created the document, open the
document and then save it in a format Word will recognize. I believe, the
Open Office word processor has that ability. After you open the document,
go to the file menu, then select "Save as," there should be a dropdown list
in the file save box, there should be an option to save as a Word Document
in the list, if not, look for rtf (rich text format) and failing that, try
text though that will open in Notepad. I'm pretty sure it has the option to
save as a Word Document.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

> thank you for the answer. I' ve done that but when word open it doesn't
> reconise the files and all what I have is some squares and stanges signs.
>
> "ras" wrote:
>
>> If you are wanting a document to open with 'Word' right-click on this
>> document and select 'Open With' and then 'Choose Program'. Select 'Word'
>> and make sure to put a check mark in the box next to 'Always use the
>> selected program to open this kind of file'. Any file with that same
>> file
>> extension will now open with 'Word'.
>>

>> "blueseas" <blueseas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I would beloved patriot to make word my default program. i use openorg at the
>> > moment
>> but
>> > it is not reconised by others promam i' m working with.I can't either
>> > transfer my openorg documents into word

thank you very much every body it works now

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> You need to open the application in which you created the document, open the
> document and then save it in a format Word will recognize. I believe, the
> Open Office word processor has that ability. After you open the document,
> go to the file menu, then select "Save as," there should be a dropdown list
> in the file save box, there should be an option to save as a Word Document
> in the list, if not, look for rtf (rich text format) and failing that, try
> text though that will open in Notepad. I'm pretty sure it has the option to
> save as a Word Document.
>
> --
> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> "blueseas" <blueseas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > thank you for the answer. I' ve done that but when word open it doesn't
> > reconise the files and all what I have is some squares and stanges signs.
> >
> > "ras" wrote:
> >
> >> If you are wanting a document to open with 'Word' right-click on this
> >> document and select 'Open With' and then 'Choose Program'. Select 'Word'
> >> and make sure to put a check mark in the box next to 'Always use the
> >> selected program to open this kind of file'. Any file with that same
> >> file
> >> extension will now open with 'Word'.
> >>

> >> "blueseas" <blueseas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> but