..... and now it turns its self on automatically... :(

Sparko

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
:idea: So i built my system and it running fine ... but one problem is there ... when i switch on the mains of the CPU it turns on by it self .. and dosent stay till i press the power button on the case ... also the power light stays on even after shut down ...... Hmmmm what could be the problem....? :!: :!:

Thankz In Advance

Sparko

Sparko

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
ok ok let me explin it in details .. (thought u ppl were intelligent enuf)

see 1) the pc if off .. all switches to off ......
2) switch on the mains and then press the power button on the case to turn it on .... (thats the normal way .. aint it?)
3) but instead the pc turns on itself whitout me pressing the power button on the case ... just as when i switch on the main power (220v) the pc is on .. thats it .. rest all functions are fine and doing good

NOW CAN U HELP ,,,,,,

Sparko

technology-sponge

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2006
I'd say motherboard problem, but chuck the PSU as well fro good measure

has similar problems myself,
conencting peripherals wud trigger the pc to come on, the printer had to be switched off otherwise the pc wudnt start

having saide that, my friends laptop sometime (1 in 5 times) when connected to mains, will auto on.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
ok ok let me explin it in details .. (thought u ppl were intelligent enuf)

see 1) the pc if off .. all switches to off ......
2) switch on the mains and then press the power button on the case to turn it on .... (thats the normal way .. aint it?)
3) but instead the pc turns on itself whitout me pressing the power button on the case ... just as when i switch on the main power (220v) the pc is on .. thats it .. rest all functions are fine and doing good

NOW CAN U HELP ,,,,,,

Sparko
Not a good way to get people to help, you snot! :evil:

Griffin28

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2005
Normally there's a BIOS option to either power on after power failure, or stay off.

:trophy:

[Resume on AC]

It'll be in your BIOS options, most probably under a heading similar to power management. I have this set to active (As you evidently do Sparko) so I don't have to mess about looking for power buttons when I turn the mains on for my machine, because it switches itself on automatically without any further intervention or wastage of energy on my part.

:wink:

reset CMOS, and replace your PSU.

:roll:

Ussualy when a system does this it's a sighn that the PSU is going bad. This could also be a sigh that there is a problem with the motherboard. Either way the best way to trouble shoot this is to try another PSU.

8O
:?
:|

also the power light stays on even after shut down
:oops: If you were properly shutting down your system the power light would be off.
If Crashman & Griffin28's advice doesnt address your problem....
What settings are you using for the WinXP Power Schemes & Advanced Power Options properties?
new255zz9.jpg

TRENDING THREADS