Ridiculous Temps!!! Please Help!!

atraus

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
Yes I have seen the many threads about such issues but this is really too crazy!.

I'm running my E6600 - not overclocked!

the temps are crazy.

42-44 on idle - which is ok.

But when I run TAT and load both cores to 100 %
the temperatures get up to 65-69 !!! and the system gets _really_ unstable and slow responding.

And this is only after a few minutes running. im afraid that if ill leave it for more time it will fry up the CPU. :(

I am running stock cooling but isnt this just too extreme?
heres an eyelook..

48rnxvk.jpg

Any help will be much appriciated :cry: :? ..

atraus

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
I have already opened the case and checked everything out.

The fan and the heatsink are in place and I checked to see and they seat well. I might have pushed it to hard? :?

also this is after I disabled auto CPU fan control in bios but im unsure if i should uncheck system fan control too. i dont know what it means but it doesnt seem to make a change.

there is a fan on the chassis with a tunnel but i have no idea if its supposed to blow the air out or in. you cant feel airstream with your hand on the outside of the case. but it would be too stupid if it would blow it in because theres a long tunnel there that will not effectivly transmit the air.

Lost regards.

sejjiin

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
My e6400 maxes at around 64 on TAT after about 20 mins...I'm not sure these temps are so bad. A note about C2Duos:

Remember not to compare the temperatures of the Core2 with any other CPU as it contains a Digital Thermal Sensor placed within the CPU Core rather than an Analogue sensor place outside the core and which uses an algorithmic interpretive method of determining the thermal output. Your Core2 will show hotter but not because it is hotter than the older CPUs. It will show hotter because the older CPUs were not giving you as precise a reading.

TAT and CoreTemp uses this sensor while SpeedFan does not. And TAT is a pretty extreme test and I don't think Intel even throttles the CPU until about 80.

EDIT: Check out this thread Link

Be sure you're looking at people who report TAT temperatures NOT TAT temperatures under Orthos load.

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
My E6300 was in the high 40's to low 50's. I took the stick fan off and cleaned off the thermal compound coolmaster nanofusion). I applied new compound and made sure I used a lot. I hate the intel heatsink fan's push pins method but after reseating it and reapplying compund as well as hooking up my exhaust fan in my case it initially starts at 23c and hovers to about 32c. How many fans do you have in your case? I didnt disable auto on fan control.

*If you have the intel fan make sure the pins clicked and you turned the pin as directed.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
there is a fan on the chassis with a tunnel but i have no idea if its supposed to blow the air out or in. you cant feel airstream with your hand on the outside of the case. but it would be too stupid if it would blow it in because theres a long tunnel there that will not effectivly transmit the air.

Lost regards.

Whether the case fan blows in or out depends on the cpu hsf. If the fan on the hsf blows down then the case fan should be an intake, if the fan on the hsf blows up then the case fan should be exhaust. I find most of the tunnel type funnels to be pretty useless, I never use them like the ones on the Antec Sonata II.

eatinpaper

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
Does this link you showed only pertain to intel hs/fs. I know thats what it said but I just want to make sure. I have a scythe infinity with slightly better temps than this guy and I want to know if it would help if i pushed my hs/f in.

TRENDING THREADS