New Kiko Avi

"Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1d41921553d6cd35989809@nntp.dsl.pipex.com...
> Complicated one this.
>
> http://www.neopets.com/music.phtm
>
> Then view source and copy and paste the URL that is the same as above
> but has the word "secretavatar" and a number appended.

When I put the /music.phtm after neopets I get a 404 page. Viewing the
source of the 404 page doesn't seem to have any other URLs. What am I doing
wrong?

daramark

"daramark" <dara.butler@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Complicated one this.
>>
>> http://www.neopets.com/music.phtm
>>
>> Then view source and copy and paste the URL that is the same as above
>> but has the word "secretavatar" and a number appended.
>

> When I put the /music.phtm after neopets I get a 404 page. Viewing the source
> of the 404 page doesn't seem to have any other URLs. What am I doing wrong?
>
> daramark

the final "l" is missing:
http://www.neopets.com/music.phtml

Then, when you View Source, I can't find it now, but it was about three quarters
of the way down the window. You've got to scan through all the source code
pretty carefully to find it, but it was there for me.

"daramark" <dara.butler@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Complicated one this.
>>
>> http://www.neopets.com/music.phtm
>>
>> Then view source and copy and paste the URL that is the same as above
>> but has the word "secretavatar" and a number appended.
>

> When I put the /music.phtm after neopets I get a 404 page. Viewing the
> source of the 404 page doesn't seem to have any other URLs. What am I
> doing wrong?

Thanks Gareeth, Mikki, and Christine K.! I read the posts, and didn't quite
get it. And I know it's supposed to end in html (vaguely anyway). I think
I should have stayed asleep!

Yay! My avatars # 148, my games played are now 224. And I have a Huggy (99+
days)and a Harris (99+ days) for when I get the avatars for Gruslen (need
99+, have 73) and Mazzew (need 221+, have 156). And I am about 1/3 of the
way to the Snowbunny (need 365+, have 164) avatar.

daramark

Les wrote:
> Complicated one this.
>
> http://www.neopets.com/music.phtm
>
> Then view source and copy and paste the URL that is the same as above
> but has the word "secretavatar" and a number appended.

Thanks. The original URL is
http://www.neopets.com/music.phtml (you missed the last l)

Otherwise you get a 404 error page.

And when I went to my lookup to see the number of avis I have, I got:

Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'Curse of Maraqua - Maraquan Supporter' as
an avatar on the NeoBoards!

So I have a total of 103 avis now.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

Christine K. [christal63@gmail.com] said
> Les wrote:
> > Complicated one this.
> >
> > http://www.neopets.com/music.phtm
> >
> > Then view source and copy and paste the URL that is the same as above
> > but has the word "secretavatar" and a number appended.
> >
> Thanks. The original URL is
> http://www.neopets.com/music.phtml (you missed the last l)
>
> Otherwise you get a 404 error page.

Whoopsi. I cut off the secretavator bit as we all have to get our own as
the appended number is different for each of us and I was a bit
careless, so thanks for that. :)))

Christine K. wrote:
> Les wrote:
>
>> Complicated one this.
>>
>> http://www.neopets.com/music.phtm
>>
>> Then view source and copy and paste the URL that is the same as above
>> but has the word "secretavatar" and a number appended.
>>
> Thanks. The original URL is
> http://www.neopets.com/music.phtml (you missed the last l)
>
> Otherwise you get a 404 error page.
>
> And when I went to my lookup to see the number of avis I have, I got:
>
> Something Has Happened!
> You are now eligible to use 'Curse of Maraqua - Maraquan Supporter' as
> an avatar on the NeoBoards!
>
> So I have a total of 103 avis now.

I had not had that message but when checking I also got it. So I have 77
now.

Henny

daramark wrote:
> "> When I put the /music.phtm after neopets I get a 404 page. Viewing
> the source of the 404 page doesn't seem to have any other URLs. What
> am I doing wrong?

Should be phtml. Just add in an l.

Gareeth

or for thosse of you that are lazy go to

http://www.neopets.com/music.phtml?secretavatar=b89e65043d5feb3e66213f45bc874122

i saves you having to do the view source bit

luv rosie
> "daramark" <dara.butler@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Complicated one this.
>>>
>>> http://www.neopets.com/music.phtm
>>>
>>> Then view source and copy and paste the URL that is the same as above
>>> but has the word "secretavatar" and a number appended.
>>

>> When I put the /music.phtm after neopets I get a 404 page. Viewing the
>> source of the 404 page doesn't seem to have any other URLs. What am I
>> doing wrong?
>

> Thanks Gareeth, Mikki, and Christine K.! I read the posts, and didn't
> quite get it. And I know it's supposed to end in html (vaguely anyway).
> I think I should have stayed asleep!
>
> Yay! My avatars # 148, my games played are now 224. And I have a Huggy
> (99+ days)and a Harris (99+ days) for when I get the avatars for Gruslen
> (need 99+, have 73) and Mazzew (need 221+, have 156). And I am about 1/3
> of the way to the Snowbunny (need 365+, have 164) avatar.
>

> daramark

oh well whenether i try to be to b helpful it always backfires on me lol
> rosiesh [confuzzled_cutie@hotmail.co.uk] said
>> or for thosse of you that are lazy go to
>>
>> http://www.neopets.com/music.phtml?secretavatar=b89e65043d5feb3e66213f45bc874122
>>
>> i saves you having to do the view source bit
>
> It is different for everyone so you have to do it properly. :p

Nope, just click anywhere, press "control + F" for the find prompt and type
in "secret". It will scan the source code for that word and take you right
to it :)

"Mikki~" <mikki721@charter.net> wrote in message
> "daramark" <dara.butler@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Complicated one this.
>>>
>>> http://www.neopets.com/music.phtm
>>>
>>> Then view source and copy and paste the URL that is the same as above
>>> but has the word "secretavatar" and a number appended.
>>

>> When I put the /music.phtm after neopets I get a 404 page. Viewing the
>> source of the 404 page doesn't seem to have any other URLs. What am I
>> doing wrong?
>>
>> daramark
>
> the final "l" is missing:
> http://www.neopets.com/music.phtml
>
> Then, when you View Source, I can't find it now, but it was about three
> quarters of the way down the window. You've got to scan through all the
> source code pretty carefully to find it, but it was there for me.

thanks, miss smartie pants!
LOL... we don't want to make things too easy, do we?

"bodcat1" <bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca> wrote in message
> Nope, just click anywhere, press "control + F" for the find prompt and type in
> "secret". It will scan the source code for that word and take you right to it
> :)
>

> "Mikki~" <mikki721@charter.net> wrote in message
>> "daramark" <dara.butler@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>>> "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> When I put the /music.phtm after neopets I get a 404 page. Viewing the
>>> source of the 404 page doesn't seem to have any other URLs. What am I doing
>>> wrong?
>>>
>>> daramark
>>
>> the final "l" is missing:
>> http://www.neopets.com/music.phtml
>>
>> Then, when you View Source, I can't find it now, but it was about three
>> quarters of the way down the window. You've got to scan through all the
>> source code pretty carefully to find it, but it was there for me.

Well it was a very kind thought!!!
Thanks anyhow!! :)

daramark wrote:
> "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Complicated one this.
>>
>>http://www.neopets.com/music.phtm
>>
>>Then view source and copy and paste the URL that is the same as above
>>but has the word "secretavatar" and a number appended.
>
> When I put the /music.phtm after neopets I get a 404 page. Viewing the
> source of the 404 page doesn't seem to have any other URLs. What am I doing
> wrong?
>
> daramark

Maybe my reply to Les's post hadn't shown up for you yet, but it
explains the problem. Just add the last l (= L) to the addy - it's
supposed to end with .phtml

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

LOL...
Well I am the queen of the computer. Thats why I get to stay at home all
day and play neopets...errr.. I mean do research for a PA company... drat, I
wish my computer had a delete key so I could decriminate myself LOL!!

> thanks, miss smartie pants!
> LOL... we don't want to make things too easy, do we?
>
> "bodcat1" <bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca> wrote in message
>> Nope, just click anywhere, press "control + F" for the find prompt and
>> type in "secret". It will scan the source code for that word and take
>> you right to it :)
>>

>> "Mikki~" <mikki721@charter.net> wrote in message
>>> "daramark" <dara.butler@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

>>> the final "l" is missing:
>>> http://www.neopets.com/music.phtml
>>>
>>> Then, when you View Source, I can't find it now, but it was about three
>>> quarters of the way down the window. You've got to scan through all the
>>> source code pretty carefully to find it, but it was there for me.

TRENDING THREADS