How to check serial number of ram?

I have 4x512 of Kingston Hyper X memory and want to check the detailed information on the modules like serial number and built date.

I know I can check by actually looking at the stcikers on the heatsinks but what if I want to check it in my windows with some kind of program?

I need to verrfy that the 2x512 kit I just added is legit.

thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about check serial number
  1. Quote:
    I have 4x512 of Kingston Hyper X memory and want to check the detailed information on the modules like serial number and built date.

I know I can check by actually looking at the stcikers on the heatsinks but what if I want to check it in my windows with some kind of program?

I need to verrfy that the 2x512 kit I just added is legit.

thanks

its not stored in the ram itself. you need to look at the sticker.
  2. CPU-Z will give you the serial numbers and build date for Kingston HyperX under the SPD tab.
    http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Edit: What do you mean by "legit"?
  3. Legit as I think it is possible that other ram may be covered under the heatsinks.

The 2 sets are built 10 months apart and seems like overclocking has to be reduced to make them run.

It also boots in 333mhz if I set it to auto on the memory divider so I need to manualy change it to 400 (if I were to run them with no overclocking)

I bought them used...

Thamks for the help. I got the serial number from them now.
  4. Quote:
    The 2 sets are built 10 months apart

Manufacturers often change the components/design/programmed settings over such a long time period, even while keeping the same part number.
    Quote:
    and seems like overclocking has to be reduced to make them run.
    I don't quite understand what you mean by this.
    Quote:

It also boots in 333mhz if I set it to auto on the memory divider so I need to manualy change it to 400

This is often normal. What model number(s) HyperX do you have?
  5. to find out everything about your Ram and other parts of your pc just download this http://www.filehippo.com/download_speccy/download/46eee66a900f81865a2f9a1657737a12/ its excellent and it tells you everything you need to know.
  6. how to check ram serial number
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM