How to check serial number of ram?

MYTHOZ

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
I have 4x512 of Kingston Hyper X memory and want to check the detailed information on the modules like serial number and built date.

I know I can check by actually looking at the stcikers on the heatsinks but what if I want to check it in my windows with some kind of program?

I need to verrfy that the 2x512 kit I just added is legit.

thanks

niz

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003
I have 4x512 of Kingston Hyper X memory and want to check the detailed information on the modules like serial number and built date.

I know I can check by actually looking at the stcikers on the heatsinks but what if I want to check it in my windows with some kind of program?

I need to verrfy that the 2x512 kit I just added is legit.

thanks

its not stored in the ram itself. you need to look at the sticker.

MYTHOZ

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
Legit as I think it is possible that other ram may be covered under the heatsinks.

The 2 sets are built 10 months apart and seems like overclocking has to be reduced to make them run.

It also boots in 333mhz if I set it to auto on the memory divider so I need to manualy change it to 400 (if I were to run them with no overclocking)

I bought them used...

Thamks for the help. I got the serial number from them now.

Mondoman

Splendid
The 2 sets are built 10 months apart
Manufacturers often change the components/design/programmed settings over such a long time period, even while keeping the same part number.
and seems like overclocking has to be reduced to make them run.
I don't quite understand what you mean by this.
It also boots in 333mhz if I set it to auto on the memory divider so I need to manualy change it to 400
This is often normal. What model number(s) HyperX do you have?

G

to find out everything about your Ram and other parts of your pc just download this http://www.filehippo.com/download_speccy/download/46eee66a900f81865a2f9a1657737a12/ its excellent and it tells you everything you need to know.