OC'ing the 6600GT...Making the OC stay OC'd

excentric_13073

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
I have the most recent version of Nvidia's drivers. This means it's the new control panel, and that Coolbits no longer works. You have to DL the Ntune program to OC. Trouble is, this program does not maintain your OC settings once you restart windows. I know you can use programs like Riva tuner, but I was wondering if you could enable Ntune to maintain the OC after you restart windows.

Thanks for the look!

Not shure about the drivers for the 6600, but the drivers for the 8800 series currently have no way use coolbits.
Ntune will not hold settings after a reboot either.

What I found works best is ATI tools.
You can set it up so that it loads with windows, OC's your card and exits the program.

It also has a nice artifact scanner.
This will help you take it to the limits without having any glitches in game play.

excentric_13073

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
Well, I went and used Riva Tuner and ATI tool in conjunction with each other to OC it. I set up the hardware monitor in Riva Tuner, and used the "3d-view" in ATI tools to heat up the card. Then I clocked it up to a comfortable level and set those settings to boot. those settings are 542 core and 1101 memory, by the way. This method seems to have worked well enough, although I would prefer to have fewer running processes.