macbook pro 128mb vs. 256mb

dietcokedude

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
I'm going to get a macbook pro and I'm not sure if I should get 128 or the 256 of graphics memory. I do some gaming but not alot: half life 2, counter strike, halo, call of duty.

axilon

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
I think he is referring to using Boot Camp and running windows. Something I will also DO when I purchase my MacBook Pro in January.

More Video ram is Always good. Id jump for the 256 and the faster processor, plus its 2 gigs of ram stock.

Blacken

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2004
Although they didn't mention the best game for mac! Quake 3!

Well, I heard Doom 2 was about to be released. Man thats gonna be a great sequal to the origional, don't you think? Surely getting Half-Life 1 when it appears! 8O

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Hey, now c'mon you guys have to be fair here, there are supposed to be a whole bunch of games coming out for OS X now that studios don't have to bother re-doing all their games for PPC.

Even though there aren't many for PPC, you can still get some real good ones - Sims 2, Zero Hour, Raven Shield, Quake 3, Freedom Force, Age of Empires 3... Well that's not exactly the cream of it (apart from ZH & AOE3, which are both totally don) but those are the ones I have, and they're all uber!!

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
Hey, now c'mon you guys have to be fair here, there are supposed to be a whole bunch of games coming out for OS X now that studios don't have to bother re-doing all their games for PPC.

Even though there aren't many for PPC, you can still get some real good ones - Sims 2, Zero Hour, Raven Shield, Quake 3, Freedom Force, Age of Empires 3... Well that's not exactly the cream of it (apart from ZH & AOE3, which are both totally don) but those are the ones I have, and they're all uber!!
Wait, a game owned by Microsoft is coming to Mac?

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Wait, a game owned by Microsoft is coming to Mac?

You'd better believe it. Halo, as well - owned by Microsoft, pwn3d by me :wink:

I like busting out the PowerBook when all my friends who have MacBook/Pros are there and playing a little Zero Hour or Quake. They're not the most current games, but they all get so upset when I tell them you can't get them for their shiny new Intel boxes, it's great.

Until of course they either Boot Camp, or wait for much better games to come out with universal support. Then I'll crawl back into my PPC shell and do some work on Logic or something boring like that :wink:

djplanet

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
Amen to Halo. I have the PC version because I CAN'T AIM WITH A DAMN THUMBSTICK!!!!

Watch Halo 2 Vista come out with R600 at the same time 8O lol. Great game to bench it if it's ported correctly, VERY great if it's ported to DX 10. If they port it to PPC, I'll be astounded :lol: . When is a Boot Camp Vista going to come out (Most likely needed for Halo 2 Mac)? Oh yeah, Apple doesn't do things like that :? .

Lots of random Halo thoughts spew out of my head, yes, I am a fan...