Sign in with
Your question

Best PCI card on the market?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 10, 2006 5:17:25 PM

I can no longer play anything on my integrated video card. And i need something to hold me over till i get a new computer, and my motherboard only has pci slots so i need a pci card.

More about : pci card market

December 10, 2006 5:29:44 PM

Ugh. No AGP either? :?
December 10, 2006 5:31:48 PM

u sure u do not have an apg slot? if you had integrated vid i bet its an older board with an agp slot. just a guess.
Related resources
December 10, 2006 6:10:42 PM

So it's an older Dell/esque board with only an IGP? Any other specs?

I think you can get GF 6200 PCI cards, MAYBE. I think they did an X1300 as well but it was v. expensive. For certain you could get a Radeon 9250, but they's ancient cards right there.
December 10, 2006 6:32:29 PM

It seems like there was suppose to be one but gateway cheaped out.
December 10, 2006 7:12:51 PM

Well, there really isnt much. You can get X1300's for a little over $100, which in my opinion isnt worth it. What I want to know is when you want to build a new computer. I honestly recommend saving as much as you can for that time and not wasting any money on the PC you have now. In the meantime, you can find an inexpensive hobby to tide you over, such as running or something :wink: .
December 10, 2006 7:40:24 PM

Quote:
Well, there really isnt much. You can get X1300's for a little over $100, which in my opinion isnt worth it. What I want to know is when you want to build a new computer. I honestly recommend saving as much as you can for that time and not wasting any money on the PC you have now. In the meantime, you can find an inexpensive hobby to tide you over, such as running or something :wink: .

LOL :lol: 
December 11, 2006 12:16:29 AM

Quote:

My Bday was the 3rd, igot massive gift cards to best buy, its not coming out of my own pocket, and i'm not buying anything for my new computer there but my monitor, and I can't use that now. (video card won't fill native resolution)
December 11, 2006 12:19:59 AM

and my computer is pretty good as is i just want a better one and i plan on selling this thing

It has p4 3.0
1.25 gb Ram
with that a 256 mb card
40 gig hard drive

i think i could sell it to someone who doesn't know much about computers for 500.
!