How to upgrade the bios?

Hey i have a question how to upgrade the motherboard bios to a newer one?

I would like to overclock my core 2 duo to the max and right now i am running the bios 0801 on my p5w deluxe

I am having a problem reaching to 3.6.I have everything set to the guide that i found in this forum exept i didnt update my bios and in order for me to even boot 3.6ghz my vcore needs to be like 1.55 so i figure it has to be to update the bios.

I know theres a way of putting it on a floppy and then flashing it but can io mabye use the asus program that came with the board?

My system specs

Intel core 2 duo e6600
asus p5w deluxe
corsair 1 gb 6400 c5
wd raptor 150gb
nvidia 7600gt
antec 550 watts
2 answers Last reply
More about upgrade bios
  1. Your best location on how to flash your bios is by looking at your manual. You can also use asus update program that come on your cd. I would recommend flashing your bios with a floopy disk.

By flashing your bios with a new one might not get you a 3.6ghz :?

I have gone on the asus download section but i cant find a p5w deluxe but i can find p5w dh deluxe. Maybe iam not seeing it on the site.

Here is a site for a p5w dh deluxe mobo:
    http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?model=P5W%20DH%20Deluxe&SLanguage=en-us
    There you can find a bios, bios tools, and utilities to get you on your way.
  2. It is safer to update your Bios using the Asus Update Windows program, rather than using a floppy disk. You can download the Bios and update it through Windows.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards BIOS Overclocking