Dual Monitors on 7300 LE

Eihjia

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2006
Hi. I got a new computer with a 7300 LE in it. My old comp was set up with dual monitors and i was trying to set that up again. Is it possible with this card? It has one vga socket, one s-video socket and one component socket. If it is possible, how do i get a vga to s-video adapter or something so i can connect the second monitor to it. Can i do this or do i need to upgrade my graphics card? If i upgrade my graphics card, i understand that i will need a bigger power supply(current one is 300W). Is this correct?

jakeradden

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
I don't think it's possible. For one thing the 7300 LE, I think, just doesn't have enough grunt to run two monitors. I'm not completely sure, however.

XFXSupport

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2006
I can not speak on behalf of all manufactures, but our 7300 series cards can run dual monitors. If you need a DVI-VGA adapter to contact the second monitor you can usually get one from your video card manufacture.

XFX Support

elpresidente2075

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
Nah, its got plenty of "grunt." If a bone-stock fx5200 can do it without any troubles, a 7300 can do it as well. Its just a matter of the connectors. If the card in question has a VGA port and also a DVI port, or any other combination of the two, as long as there are two main ports including the Svideo port, dual monitors is very possible. If it doesn't have two main outputs, the matrox dual head 2 go may do the trick, depending on your interface.

Interesting that the support divisions of some major manufacturers are starting to post here. I know newegg does the same. Sounds like there'll be some better information coming into the forums, hopefully...

elpresidente2075

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
I think its something like newegg customer support, or maybe just newegg or something... I saw it in a thread a while back, let me find it.

Edit:
Found it: http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=196113&highlight=
They are the last post in that thread.