Buying from Best Buy?

Last response: in Network Providers
December 3, 2004 2:28:32 AM

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are when it comes to getting
Cingular through Best Buy. I know with Verizon it is usually recommended
that you buy through an actual corporate store. I like to go through an
actual corporate store because I feel better in case something goes wrong
with the phone. With Verizon, they would generally just exchange it, where
with people who bought from Radio Shack would have to send theirs in to be
fixed. But I hear a lot of people going through Best Buy when it comes to
Cingular. Better prices on phones that seems to be the big draw. So any
thoughts and experiences would be appreciated.

More about : buying buy

December 3, 2004 2:33:32 AM

a year ago Best buy was selling T720 and a friend when and got him 2 a week
went by one died took it into a Cingular repair shop they fixed it
Too bad that Cingular stopped selling that phone
"PG" <pgoin25@new.rr.com> wrote in message
> I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are when it comes to getting
> Cingular through Best Buy. I know with Verizon it is usually recommended
> that you buy through an actual corporate store. I like to go through an
> actual corporate store because I feel better in case something goes wrong
> with the phone. With Verizon, they would generally just exchange it,
where
> with people who bought from Radio Shack would have to send theirs in to be
> fixed. But I hear a lot of people going through Best Buy when it comes to
> Cingular. Better prices on phones that seems to be the big draw. So any
> thoughts and experiences would be appreciated.

Anonymous
December 3, 2004 1:36:32 PM

In article <nOSrd.5313$NO5.4897@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com>,
"PG" <pgoin25@new.rr.com> wrote:

> I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are when it comes to getting
> Cingular through Best Buy. I know with Verizon it is usually recommended
> that you buy through an actual corporate store. I like to go through an
> actual corporate store because I feel better in case something goes wrong
> with the phone. With Verizon, they would generally just exchange it, where
> with people who bought from Radio Shack would have to send theirs in to be
> fixed. But I hear a lot of people going through Best Buy when it comes to
> Cingular. Better prices on phones that seems to be the big draw. So any
> thoughts and experiences would be appreciated.

With Sprint, the company owned stores wont talk to you if you didnt buy
it there. Sprint folks say Costco is good, as they honor their "Lifetime
Satisfaction Guarantee".
December 4, 2004 2:41:17 PM

> With Sprint, the company owned stores wont talk to you if you didnt buy
> it there.

This has never been my experience. Brought in a dead Treo 600 that I bought
directly from Handspring and walked out with a replacement 5 minutes later.
Similar experiences at least two other times during my 6+ years with sprint

Ed Lee
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 9:05:18 PM

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 23:28:32 -0600, "PG" <pgoin25@new.rr.com> wrote:

>I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are when it comes to getting
>Cingular through Best Buy. I know with Verizon it is usually recommended
>that you buy through an actual corporate store. I like to go through an
>actual corporate store because I feel better in case something goes wrong
>with the phone. With Verizon, they would generally just exchange it, where
>with people who bought from Radio Shack would have to send theirs in to be
>fixed. But I hear a lot of people going through Best Buy when it comes to
>Cingular. Better prices on phones that seems to be the big draw. So any
>thoughts and experiences would be appreciated.

I like Best Buy because they only want you to commit to a one-year
contract instead of the two-year at CW store.
They also run some good sales once in awhile.
Zeng
Anonymous
December 5, 2004 12:05:55 AM

In article <RMmsd.426$pe6.7@fe04.lga>, "Edward Lee" <elee@ulgm.org>
wrote:

> > With Sprint, the company owned stores wont talk to you if you didnt buy
> > it there.
>
> This has never been my experience. Brought in a dead Treo 600 that I bought
> directly from Handspring and walked out with a replacement 5 minutes later.
> Similar experiences at least two other times during my 6+ years with sprint

I had a Qualcomm phone that over night had the LCD screen go bad. Sprint
store literally wouldnt talk to me, so I went back to major department
store where I had bought it 3 months earlier, and they swapped me out
for what was then a more expensive Samsung.
Anonymous
December 5, 2004 4:00:56 AM

Has it been other people's experience that you can't even go to another
corporate store than the one you bought it from to get service? For
example, I am from Green Bay so I have a Green Bay number so I have to port
back home if I want to keep my number. I go to school in Milwaukee. If I
buy my phone from the Cingular (former AT&T) store in Green Bay and
something goes wrong can I bring it in to a store in Milwaukee to get
service? I know with Verizon I could do that, but I'm not sure Cingular's
account access will currently allow that. If not, then maybe I am better
off going through Best Buy cause I would assume I could then take it to any
Best Buy. I know a Milwaukee Best Buy can't port a number, but I'm assuming
that they could swap out a phone if need be. Thanks for the input.
Anonymous
December 5, 2004 4:08:18 AM

In <jzwick3-A6E33E.15055504122004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Sat, 04 Dec
2004 21:05:55 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>I had a Qualcomm phone that over night had the LCD screen go bad. Sprint
>store literally wouldnt talk to me, ...

Gee, I wonder why. Do you suppose your attitude had anything to do with that?
Nah, of course not. (LOL)

December 5, 2004 4:08:38 AM

In <c5tsd.111500$T02.111491@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com> on Sun, 05 Dec 2004
01:00:56 GMT, "PG" <pgoin25@new.rr.com> wrote:

>Has it been other people's experience that you can't even go to another
>corporate store than the one you bought it from to get service? ...

Definitely not.