Able4201

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
Through about 8 different computers I have had mixed experience with extended warranties. From Best Buy it has taken many months, lots of effort and tons of frustration to get the warranty honored.

Circuit City folded and the company that now "honors" the warranty are difficult to deal with.

I had one experience with Best Buy that was so bad I filed a grievance with the Better Business Bureau. (At one point they actually said that they couldn’t honor the warranty because THEY had entered it into the computer incorrectly)

I feel that I have had significant problems with laptops in the past. And it always seems to be issues that are hard to fix and also hard for technicians to see. My current laptop has a problem with the fan causing the computer to overheat and the processor to cook.

I have sent it in one and it came back with the same problem. I am tempted to put a bullet in it this time so that its not an easily ignored problem.

I feel that the effort needed isnt worth it but also that i have had so many issues with computers that it is comforting to have.

So had anyone had any experience with the HP or Dell (and Alienware) accident protection warranties?
Thanks
Able

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
The only extended warranty I had was with Best Buy, I bought it for my 40" Samsung TV.

It started taking a lot of time to turn on, sometimes as long as 2 minutes, and sometimes it would get some weird lines in the middle.

I scheduled a visit from the Best Buy guys and they worked on it for a while, they replaced some caps and it's been working fine, so I guess I had a good experience.