Philips ToCam Pro

Hi,

I have a Philips ToCam Pro web cam, and I have been obliged to reinstall my
system (W98... it's an old machine).
However, for my web cam, I cannot find my install CD (if I remember, it's a
red one).
So I looked on the web and found driver installer (about 1.3Mb).

After running that process, VLounge is installed and Record also... but I
cannot get any image from my cam: only a black screen is displayed. I
looked at the cam parameters, and all contrast, color,... settings are set
on the minimum scale; so I tried to change that but the system refuses to
take my change into consideration.

I am sure it is not an hardware issue, as my camera effectively works on my
other machine (XP).

This cam worked perfectly on the W98 system in the past...

So I am quite disappointed...

Could anyone help?

Tx in advance,

Lc
6 answers Last reply
More about philips tocam

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:52:21 +0100, "Lc" <hoho@not.me> wrote:

    > I have a Philips ToCam Pro web cam, and I have been obliged to reinstall my
    > system (W98... it's an old machine).
    > However, for my web cam, I cannot find my install CD (if I remember, it's a
    > red one).
    > So I looked on the web and found driver installer (about 1.3Mb).
    >
    > After running that process, VLounge is installed and Record also... but I
    > cannot get any image from my cam: only a black screen is displayed. I
    > looked at the cam parameters, and all contrast, color,... settings are set
    > on the minimum scale; so I tried to change that but the system refuses to
    > take my change into consideration.
    >
    > I am sure it is not an hardware issue, as my camera effectively works
    > on my other machine (XP).
    >
    > This cam worked perfectly on the W98 system in the past...
    >
    > So I am quite disappointed...
    >
    > Could anyone help?

    Sorry, but You need that install CD.

    Ken <___ken3@telia.com> wrote:
    > On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:52:21 +0100, "Lc" <hoho@not.me> wrote:
    >
    >> I have a Philips ToCam Pro web cam, and I have been obliged to
    >> reinstall my system (W98... it's an old machine).
    >> However, for my web cam, I cannot find my install CD (if I remember,
    >> it's a red one).
    >> So I looked on the web and found driver installer (about 1.3Mb).
    >>
    >> After running that process, VLounge is installed and Record also...
    >> but I cannot get any image from my cam: only a black screen is
    >> displayed. I looked at the cam parameters, and all contrast,
    >> color,... settings are set on the minimum scale; so I tried to
    >> change that but the system refuses to take my change into
    >> consideration.
    >>
    >> I am sure it is not an hardware issue, as my camera effectively works
    >> on my other machine (XP).
    >>
    >> This cam worked perfectly on the W98 system in the past...
    >>
    >> So I am quite disappointed...
    >>
    >> Could anyone help?
    >

    > Sorry, but You need that install CD.

    have you tried typeing drivers into google..?

    http://www.driverguide.com/

    do the rest yourself

    regards slayer

    Hi,

    Tx but (obviously) I already did that and the only one file I can find is
    this famous 1.3Mb file... :-(
    Today, I'll look further for this famous CD... It cannot be destroyed [I
    only have 4 children playing everywhere in the house] ;-)))

    --------------

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 08:43:41 +0100, "Lc" <hoho@not.me> wrote:

    > Tx but (obviously) I already did that and the only one file
    > I can find is this famous 1.3Mb file... :-(

    Yes, that is the upgrade file.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    I have found my CD... everything works ok... but the sound transmission with
    MSN... It's probably a ZoneAlarm firewall issue...
    Tx,

    "Lc" <hoho@not.me> a écrit dans le message de
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Philips ToCam Pro web cam, and I have been obliged to reinstall
    my
    > system (W98... it's an old machine).
    > However, for my web cam, I cannot find my install CD (if I remember, it's
    > red one).
    > So I looked on the web and found driver installer (about 1.3Mb).
    >
    > After running that process, VLounge is installed and Record also... but I
    > cannot get any image from my cam: only a black screen is displayed. I
    > looked at the cam parameters, and all contrast, color,... settings are set
    > on the minimum scale; so I tried to change that but the system refuses to
    > take my change into consideration.
    >
    > I am sure it is not an hardware issue, as my camera effectively works on
    my
    > other machine (XP).
    >
    > This cam worked perfectly on the W98 system in the past...
    >
    > So I am quite disappointed...
    >
    > Could anyone help?
    >
    > Tx in advance,
    >
    > Lc

  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    http://www.exib-couples.com

    "Lc" <hoho@not.me> a écrit dans le message de news:
    41932844$0$28113$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Philips ToCam Pro web cam, and I have been obliged to reinstall
    > my
    > system (W98... it's an old machine).
    > However, for my web cam, I cannot find my install CD (if I remember, it's
    > red one).
    > So I looked on the web and found driver installer (about 1.3Mb).
    >
    > After running that process, VLounge is installed and Record also... but I
    > cannot get any image from my cam: only a black screen is displayed. I
    > looked at the cam parameters, and all contrast, color,... settings are set
    > on the minimum scale; so I tried to change that but the system refuses to
    > take my change into consideration.
    >
    > I am sure it is not an hardware issue, as my camera effectively works on
    > my
    > other machine (XP).
    >
    > This cam worked perfectly on the W98 system in the past...
    >
    > So I am quite disappointed...
    >
    > Could anyone help?
    >
    > Tx in advance,
    >
    > Lc