Philips ToCam Pro

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 11, 2004 12:52:21 PM

Hi,

I have a Philips ToCam Pro web cam, and I have been obliged to reinstall my
system (W98... it's an old machine).
However, for my web cam, I cannot find my install CD (if I remember, it's a
red one).
So I looked on the web and found driver installer (about 1.3Mb).

After running that process, VLounge is installed and Record also... but I
cannot get any image from my cam: only a black screen is displayed. I
looked at the cam parameters, and all contrast, color,... settings are set
on the minimum scale; so I tried to change that but the system refuses to
take my change into consideration.

I am sure it is not an hardware issue, as my camera effectively works on my
other machine (XP).

This cam worked perfectly on the W98 system in the past...

So I am quite disappointed...

Could anyone help?

Tx in advance,

Lc

More about : philips tocam pro

November 12, 2004 2:52:53 AM

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:52:21 +0100, "Lc" <hoho@not.me> wrote:

> I have a Philips ToCam Pro web cam, and I have been obliged to reinstall my
> system (W98... it's an old machine).
> However, for my web cam, I cannot find my install CD (if I remember, it's a
> red one).
> So I looked on the web and found driver installer (about 1.3Mb).
>
> After running that process, VLounge is installed and Record also... but I
> cannot get any image from my cam: only a black screen is displayed. I
> looked at the cam parameters, and all contrast, color,... settings are set
> on the minimum scale; so I tried to change that but the system refuses to
> take my change into consideration.
>
> I am sure it is not an hardware issue, as my camera effectively works
> on my other machine (XP).
>
> This cam worked perfectly on the W98 system in the past...
>
> So I am quite disappointed...
>
> Could anyone help?

Sorry, but You need that install CD.
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 8:56:08 AM

Ken <___ken3@telia.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:52:21 +0100, "Lc" <hoho@not.me> wrote:
>
>> I have a Philips ToCam Pro web cam, and I have been obliged to
>> reinstall my system (W98... it's an old machine).
>> However, for my web cam, I cannot find my install CD (if I remember,
>> it's a red one).
>> So I looked on the web and found driver installer (about 1.3Mb).
>>
>> After running that process, VLounge is installed and Record also...
>> but I cannot get any image from my cam: only a black screen is
>> displayed. I looked at the cam parameters, and all contrast,
>> color,... settings are set on the minimum scale; so I tried to
>> change that but the system refuses to take my change into
>> consideration.
>>
>> I am sure it is not an hardware issue, as my camera effectively works
>> on my other machine (XP).
>>
>> This cam worked perfectly on the W98 system in the past...
>>
>> So I am quite disappointed...
>>
>> Could anyone help?
>

> Sorry, but You need that install CD.

have you tried typeing drivers into google..?

http://www.driverguide.com/

do the rest yourself

regards slayer
November 12, 2004 11:43:41 AM

Hi,

Tx but (obviously) I already did that and the only one file I can find is
this famous 1.3Mb file... :-(
Today, I'll look further for this famous CD... It cannot be destroyed [I
only have 4 children playing everywhere in the house] ;-)))

--------------

"ThE SlAyEr" <phlem1@btinternet.com> a écrit dans le message de
> Ken <___ken3@telia.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:52:21 +0100, "Lc" <hoho@not.me> wrote:
> >
> >> I have a Philips ToCam Pro web cam, and I have been obliged to
> >> reinstall my system (W98... it's an old machine).
> >> However, for my web cam, I cannot find my install CD (if I remember,
> >> it's a red one).
> >> So I looked on the web and found driver installer (about 1.3Mb).
> >>
> >> After running that process, VLounge is installed and Record also...
> >> but I cannot get any image from my cam: only a black screen is
> >> displayed. I looked at the cam parameters, and all contrast,
> >> color,... settings are set on the minimum scale; so I tried to
> >> change that but the system refuses to take my change into
> >> consideration.
> >>
> >> I am sure it is not an hardware issue, as my camera effectively works
> >> on my other machine (XP).
> >>
> >> This cam worked perfectly on the W98 system in the past...
> >>
> >> So I am quite disappointed...
> >>
> >> Could anyone help?
> >

> > Sorry, but You need that install CD.
>
> have you tried typeing drivers into google..?
>
> http://www.driverguide.com/
>
> do the rest yourself
>
> regards slayer

November 12, 2004 5:59:21 PM

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 08:43:41 +0100, "Lc" <hoho@not.me> wrote:

> Tx but (obviously) I already did that and the only one file
> I can find is this famous 1.3Mb file... :-(

Yes, that is the upgrade file.
Anonymous
November 13, 2004 4:21:27 PM

I have found my CD... everything works ok... but the sound transmission with
MSN... It's probably a ZoneAlarm firewall issue...
Tx,

"Lc" <hoho@not.me> a écrit dans le message de
> Hi,
>
> I have a Philips ToCam Pro web cam, and I have been obliged to reinstall
my
> system (W98... it's an old machine).
> However, for my web cam, I cannot find my install CD (if I remember, it's
> red one).
> So I looked on the web and found driver installer (about 1.3Mb).
>
> After running that process, VLounge is installed and Record also... but I
> cannot get any image from my cam: only a black screen is displayed. I
> looked at the cam parameters, and all contrast, color,... settings are set
> on the minimum scale; so I tried to change that but the system refuses to
> take my change into consideration.
>
> I am sure it is not an hardware issue, as my camera effectively works on
my
> other machine (XP).
>
> This cam worked perfectly on the W98 system in the past...
>
> So I am quite disappointed...
>
> Could anyone help?
>
> Tx in advance,
>
> Lc