Shortcuts won't allow multi-open windows

I have created shortcuts to sites I need to use. But..I am unable to keep
more than one shortcut open at a time. If I open one and downsize it, then
attempt to open another..it just closes my first window and opens the new
one. Very difficult, as I need this for school referencing. Help!
4 answers Last reply
More about shortcuts multi open windows

    You might want to try this:

    Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options.
    Click on the Advanced page.
    Uncheck "Reuse windows to launch shortcuts".

    Nepatsfan
    "Debrah257" <Debrah257@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    >I have created shortcuts to sites I need to use. But..I am
    >unable to keep
    > more than one shortcut open at a time. If I open one and
    > downsize it, then
    > attempt to open another..it just closes my first window and
    > opens the new
    > one. Very difficult, as I need this for school referencing.
    > Help!

    Worked like a charm, thank you so much!!!!! I'm learning how to use my new
    computer during my first week of school so your help is VERY much appreciated!

    "Nepatsfan" wrote:

    > You might want to try this:
    >
    > Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options.
    > Click on the Advanced page.
    > Uncheck "Reuse windows to launch shortcuts".
    >
    > Nepatsfan
    > "Debrah257" <Debrah257@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message
    > >I have created shortcuts to sites I need to use. But..I am
    > >unable to keep
    > > more than one shortcut open at a time. If I open one and
    > > downsize it, then
    > > attempt to open another..it just closes my first window and
    > > opens the new
    > > one. Very difficult, as I need this for school referencing.
    > > Help!

    Glad to hear that helped. Good luck with school.

    Nepatsfan
    "Debrah" <Debrah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Worked like a charm, thank you so much!!!!! I'm learning how
    > to use my new
    > computer during my first week of school so your help is VERY
    > much appreciated!
    >
    > "Nepatsfan" wrote:
    >
    >> You might want to try this:
    >>
    >> Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options.
    >> Click on the Advanced page.
    >> Uncheck "Reuse windows to launch shortcuts".
    >>
    >> Nepatsfan
    >> "Debrah257" <Debrah257@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >> message
    >> >I have created shortcuts to sites I need to use. But..I am
    >> >unable to keep
    >> > more than one shortcut open at a time. If I open one and
    >> > downsize it, then
    >> > attempt to open another..it just closes my first window and
    >> > opens the new
    >> > one. Very difficult, as I need this for school referencing.
    >> > Help!

    Right-click on your Desktop Internet Explorer icon and select:
    Properties > Advanced and 'uncheck' "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts",
    then click "apply".

    Another possibility:

    From Don Varnau, MVP IE/OE

    <quote>

    You probably have a program running which is blocking pop-up windows-
    something like Yahoo Companion, Google toolbar, MSN toolbar, a firewall,
    Earthlink (or another pop-up blocker) My IE2 (a shell for IE) etc.
    Yahoo Companion is a very common cause.

    You'll have to turn off the feature that's blocking new windows or,
    perhaps,
    uninstall the program.

    With some programs of this type, using Ctrl+click or Shift+click will
    allow
    a new window.

    Don

    </quote>

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Debrah257" <Debrah257@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DFE837E-3AFC-479B-B1B3-332E969AA20F@microsoft.com...
    I have created shortcuts to sites I need to use. But..I am unable to keep
    more than one shortcut open at a time. If I open one and downsize it, then
    attempt to open another..it just closes my first window and opens the new
    one. Very difficult, as I need this for school referencing. Help!

Microsoft Windows XP