xerocool83

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
So I am going to be building a new computer here in the next 6 months or so and I just thought to myself where is the finanical sweet spot? Taking into account that my computers are basically gaming/internet machines. If you spend 600 dollars on a computer youll be good for maybe a year to two years, and if you spend 3000 dollars your spending way too much but will be good for probably 3-4 years. Now I am wondering what would be the range were youg et the best bang for your buck. Maybe 1500 or 2000. Where do I spend the least amount of money and get the most amount of game'age?
I know this is hard to quantify but I just wanted everyones OPINION...
Thanks
X

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Without a monitor, $1500 will get you a great PC for gaming and anything you want to do. It will give you a great base and all you would need to do to keep gaming in the next 3 years would be upgrade video card. Couple years down the road, double your memory or upgrade to a quad core when they are real cheap :p

$1000 can get a PC that is great right now, but would need overclocking and a new video card to perform well in the future games (presumption)