webcam for video surveillane. Which one ?

Hi,

I would like to buy a webcam for the video surveillance of my home.
- easy to install,
- stand alone,
- connected through my wifi lAN,
- that I could access from any PC on the net ( for instance, from a web
coffee, from my office, ... )
I don't know exactly what are the common functions of such a device (
automatic sending of pictures by e-mail in case of alert ? ).

Your advices please ?
Thanks.
Best Regards.

Pierre.
8 answers Last reply
More about webcam video surveillane

    >I would like to buy a webcam for the video surveillance of my home.
    >- easy to install,
    >- stand alone,
    >- connected through my wifi lAN,
    >- that I could access from any PC on the net ( for instance, from a web
    >coffee, from my office, ... )
    >I don't know exactly what are the common functions of such a device (
    >automatic sending of pictures by e-mail in case of alert ? ).

    Hi Pierre, there are (currently) few webcam able to work on WIFI (less
    than 5). It seems Trendnet and Dlink have cool products, however I
    have never tested them.

    A important point in video surveillance is the software (ie.
    www.gotchanow.com or Active webcam), not the camera. For example to
    use the camera like a VCR recover.

    http://www.d-link.com/products/?sec=0&pid=351

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 01:14:46 GMT, "bumtracks" <posted@usenet.bud>
    wrote:

    >http://www.d-link.com/products/?sec=0&pid=351

    bumlink

    "Jeff" <jbjsabu@yahooNOT.com> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 01:14:46 GMT, "bumtracks" <posted@usenet.bud>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >http://www.d-link.com/products/?sec=0&pid=351
    > >

    > bumlink

    bum connection maybe,
    (link works here)
    dcs-3220 or 3220g dlink ccd network securicam,
    ....has a sound card , add a speaker so you can ask the wife's b/f;
    `What the heck you think you're doing drinking my beer.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 01:50:17 GMT, "bumtracks" <posted@usenet.bud>
    wrote:

    >"Jeff" <jbjsabu@yahooNOT.com> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 01:14:46 GMT, "bumtracks" <posted@usenet.bud>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >http://www.d-link.com/products/?sec=0&pid=351
    >> >

    >> bumlink
    >>

    >bum connection maybe,
    >(link works here)
    >dcs-3220 or 3220g dlink ccd network securicam,
    >...has a sound card , add a speaker so you can ask the wife's b/f;
    >`What the heck you think you're doing drinking my beer.

    Does work now! Thanks.

  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    Hello Pierre
    Do you know Mobotix Camera ?

    www.mobotix.com
    France : www.mobotix-camera.com

    A all in one camera, more expensive than a single network camera, but you
    don't need any software, all is included !
    Motion detection,
    Infrared detection
    Storage in the camera or by FTP or on a single LAN share
    Full duplex Audio
    Temperature sensor
    Double objectif
    Ready for outdoor use (no houssing needed)
    Megapixel picture !
    Connection direct on a Rnis line or an Ethernet line
    Dyndns
    French, English, German version
    PiP (Picture in picture)
    Picture incrustation
    and a lot of others fonctions ...
    at the end it's not so expensive with all thoses features included !
    The top !

    I use it for :
    http://www.webcam-montblanc.com/webcam/fixe/

    "Pierre Fourcade" <fourcade.pierre@wanadoo.fr> a écrit dans le message de
    news: 419788d3$0$25336$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to buy a webcam for the video surveillance of my home.
    > - easy to install,
    > - stand alone,
    > - connected through my wifi lAN,
    > - that I could access from any PC on the net ( for instance, from a web
    > coffee, from my office, ... )
    > I don't know exactly what are the common functions of such a device (
    > automatic sending of pictures by e-mail in case of alert ? ).
    >
    > Your advices please ?
    > Thanks.
    > Best Regards.
    >
    > Pierre.

  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    >Do you know Mobotix Camera ?
    >
    >www.mobotix.com
    >France : www.mobotix-camera.com

    Wow, these are Roll Royce's cameras !! :-)
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    Toshiba IK-WB11A does all of what you want. 802.11b or CAT5. Motion
    detection, email, ftp, & web

    http://www.toshiba.com/taisisd/netcam/products/wb11a.htm

    Below is an animation from that camera:
    http://stampededrive.net/AVI/Animation2.avi

    Not a very exciting view at the moment:

    http://stampededrive.net/live_construction_cam.htm

    "Pierre Fourcade" <fourcade.pierre@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to buy a webcam for the video surveillance of my home.
    > - easy to install,
    > - stand alone,
    > - connected through my wifi lAN,
    > - that I could access from any PC on the net ( for instance, from a web
    > coffee, from my office, ... )
    > I don't know exactly what are the common functions of such a device (
    > automatic sending of pictures by e-mail in case of alert ? ).
    >
    > Your advices please ?
    > Thanks.
    > Best Regards.
    >
    > Pierre.