webcam for video surveillane. Which one ?

Tags:
  • Webcams
  • Video
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 14, 2004 8:32:20 PM

Hi,

I would like to buy a webcam for the video surveillance of my home.
- easy to install,
- stand alone,
- connected through my wifi lAN,
- that I could access from any PC on the net ( for instance, from a web
coffee, from my office, ... )
I don't know exactly what are the common functions of such a device (
automatic sending of pictures by e-mail in case of alert ? ).

Your advices please ?
Thanks.
Best Regards.

Pierre.

More about : webcam video surveillane

November 15, 2004 2:48:39 AM

>I would like to buy a webcam for the video surveillance of my home.
>- easy to install,
>- stand alone,
>- connected through my wifi lAN,
>- that I could access from any PC on the net ( for instance, from a web
>coffee, from my office, ... )
>I don't know exactly what are the common functions of such a device (
>automatic sending of pictures by e-mail in case of alert ? ).

Hi Pierre, there are (currently) few webcam able to work on WIFI (less
than 5). It seems Trendnet and Dlink have cool products, however I
have never tested them.

A important point in video surveillance is the software (ie.
www.gotchanow.com or Active webcam), not the camera. For example to
use the camera like a VCR recover.
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 4:14:46 AM

http://www.d-link.com/products/?sec=0&pid=351

"Pierre Fourcade" <fourcade.pierre@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to buy a webcam for the video surveillance of my home.
> - easy to install,
> - stand alone,
> - connected through my wifi lAN,
> - that I could access from any PC on the net ( for instance, from a web
> coffee, from my office, ... )
> I don't know exactly what are the common functions of such a device (
> automatic sending of pictures by e-mail in case of alert ? ).
>
> Your advices please ?
> Thanks.
> Best Regards.
>
> Pierre.

November 15, 2004 9:28:23 PM

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 01:14:46 GMT, "bumtracks" <posted@usenet.bud>
wrote:

>http://www.d-link.com/products/?sec=0&pid=351

bumlink

November 16, 2004 4:50:17 AM

"Jeff" <jbjsabu@yahooNOT.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 01:14:46 GMT, "bumtracks" <posted@usenet.bud>
> wrote:
>
> >http://www.d-link.com/products/?sec=0&pid=351
> >

> bumlink

bum connection maybe,
(link works here)
dcs-3220 or 3220g dlink ccd network securicam,
....has a sound card , add a speaker so you can ask the wife's b/f;
`What the heck you think you're doing drinking my beer.
November 16, 2004 4:50:18 AM

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 01:50:17 GMT, "bumtracks" <posted@usenet.bud>
wrote:

>"Jeff" <jbjsabu@yahooNOT.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 01:14:46 GMT, "bumtracks" <posted@usenet.bud>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >http://www.d-link.com/products/?sec=0&pid=351
>> >

>> bumlink
>>

>bum connection maybe,
>(link works here)
>dcs-3220 or 3220g dlink ccd network securicam,
>...has a sound card , add a speaker so you can ask the wife's b/f;
>`What the heck you think you're doing drinking my beer.

Does work now! Thanks.

November 16, 2004 5:23:19 PM

Hello Pierre
Do you know Mobotix Camera ?

www.mobotix.com
France : www.mobotix-camera.com

A all in one camera, more expensive than a single network camera, but you
don't need any software, all is included !
Motion detection,
Infrared detection
Storage in the camera or by FTP or on a single LAN share
Full duplex Audio
Temperature sensor
Double objectif
Ready for outdoor use (no houssing needed)
Megapixel picture !
Connection direct on a Rnis line or an Ethernet line
Dyndns
French, English, German version
PiP (Picture in picture)
Picture incrustation
and a lot of others fonctions ...
at the end it's not so expensive with all thoses features included !
The top !

I use it for :
http://www.webcam-montblanc.com/webcam/fixe/

"Pierre Fourcade" <fourcade.pierre@wanadoo.fr> a écrit dans le message de
news: 419788d3$0$25336$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr...
> Hi,
>
> I would like to buy a webcam for the video surveillance of my home.
> - easy to install,
> - stand alone,
> - connected through my wifi lAN,
> - that I could access from any PC on the net ( for instance, from a web
> coffee, from my office, ... )
> I don't know exactly what are the common functions of such a device (
> automatic sending of pictures by e-mail in case of alert ? ).
>
> Your advices please ?
> Thanks.
> Best Regards.
>
> Pierre.

Anonymous
December 7, 2004 6:39:14 AM

Toshiba IK-WB11A does all of what you want. 802.11b or CAT5. Motion
detection, email, ftp, & web

http://www.toshiba.com/taisisd/netcam/products/wb11a.ht...

Below is an animation from that camera:
http://stampededrive.net/AVI/Animation2.avi