Internet Explorer activated after booting Windows XP Pro.

Internet explorer is launched automatically after i start
windows xp. I checked the program start up and nothing is
there! Any suggestions?

Thank you,

To expand a bit on what Will has asked, the startup entry may not contain
iexplore.exe, but might be a web page entry. I would also be curious to know
what page it opens to, as that may also hold a clue as to why it's happening
(think spyware here).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"mem015" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Internet explorer is launched automatically after i start
> windows xp. I checked the program start up and nothing is
> there! Any suggestions?
>
> Thank you,

Hi

No entry in msconfig>startup?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"mem015" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Internet explorer is launched automatically after i start
> windows xp. I checked the program start up and nothing is
> there! Any suggestions?
>
> Thank you,

Thanks Rick.