Internet Explorer activated after booting Windows XP Pro.

Internet explorer is launched automatically after i start
windows xp. I checked the program start up and nothing is
there! Any suggestions?

Thank you,
3 answers Last reply
More about internet explorer activated booting windows

    To expand a bit on what Will has asked, the startup entry may not contain
    iexplore.exe, but might be a web page entry. I would also be curious to know
    what page it opens to, as that may also hold a clue as to why it's happening
    (think spyware here).

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "mem015" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Internet explorer is launched automatically after i start
    > windows xp. I checked the program start up and nothing is
    > there! Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thank you,

    Hi

    No entry in msconfig>startup?

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "mem015" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Internet explorer is launched automatically after i start
    > windows xp. I checked the program start up and nothing is
    > there! Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thank you,

    Thanks Rick.

    --

    > To expand a bit on what Will has asked, the startup entry may not contain
    > iexplore.exe, but might be a web page entry. I would also be curious to
    > know what page it opens to, as that may also hold a clue as to why it's
    > happening (think spyware here).
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "mem015" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Internet explorer is launched automatically after i start
    >> windows xp. I checked the program start up and nothing is
    >> there! Any suggestions?
    >>
    >> Thank you,

Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP