.... and now i get the itch to over clock

Sparko

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
:idea: ok experts around here .. I built my new pc .. (With the specs in my signature) ... its up n running fine .... and now i get the itch to overclock it ... so can sum one guide me step by step ... so that i can over clock my pc without spoiling any hardware ..... keeping n mind that each and every part is too costly in this part of the world and i have bought it with my hard earned money :idea: :idea: :lol: :!: :wink:

Thanks in advance :!: :?: :idea: :arrow:
Sparko

Slobogob

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
The itch to overclock but afraid to damage something?

If things run alright, then there is no reason to overclock. If your hardware can´t keep up, then you overclock. Otherwise it´s just for fun. And as the word overclocking suggests you´re running something above specifications.

If you really want to overclock, look at the stickys in the forum. There are a lot of good overclocking guides.

monkeymanuk

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Surely a gentle overclock is in order:

I've seen the 6300 overclocked to 3Ghz around here so I dont see any real problem getting to 2.5Ghz or so without doing any major harm.

Just keep an eye on CPU temps.

But be warned it is very, very hard to be restrained when it comes to overclocking. Once you get the bug you will find it hard to resist the urge to get MORE!

Good Luck.

AMDThunder

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2006
But be warned it is very, very hard to be restrained when it comes to overclocking. Once you get the bug you will find it hard to resist the urge to get MORE!
No doubt about that! Thought for sure I'd be happy with 2.8 on my 6300. Now I'm afraid I won't be happy till I'm above 3.0. Know I can get there, but may wait till I get an aftermarket cooler, just to be safe.