Sign in with
Your question

Personal Security - Virus

Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
December 11, 2009 12:29:38 PM

How can I get personal security off my computer the idiot;s way?
December 12, 2009 2:40:15 PM

Well, this Personal Security thing is a die-hard but removable. All you need to do is locate its files on your system, as well as the registry entries it created once it got onto your PC. Then, delete them all to the last one.
Alternatively, you can use an automatic removal tool to remove Personal Security rogue antispyware.
Both above methods are described in detail here http://removeit.info/remove-personal-security-fake-anti... .
Try this and let me know if it helped.
Thanks
January 5, 2010 11:32:40 PM

DO NOT BUY THEIR FALSE "WE CAN GET RID OF IT" SOFTWARE!!!

You can get rid of it without need of downloading.

Paste the following string to Windows Explorer address bar and execute it (Press Enter key):
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Uninstall\PersonalAV\Uninstall.lnk

or

1. Open My computer, choose Disk C;
2. Find Program Files=>Common Files=>PSecurityUninstall=>Uninstall
3. Run the file Uninstall.lnk

After that our product will be removed.
Related resources
January 26, 2010 6:45:25 AM

:)  THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Your recormendation worked perfect.

Best regards
Gertof....
March 29, 2010 11:50:21 PM

I recently removed Personal Security very easily after spending hours looking for it.
In addition the company sent me the same info that I discovered for myself.... Much to my relief the damned thing is gone. I thoroughly recommend running a malware program afterwards.
here are the instructions below

Thank you for contacting Customer Support Center.
Please follow my instructions to uninstall the program:
Paste the following string to Windows Explorer address bar and execute it (Press Enter key):
C:\Program Files\Common Files\PSecurityUninstall\Uninstall

or

1. Open My computer, choose Disk C;
2. Find Program Files=>Common Files=>PSecurityUninstall=>Uninstall
3. Run the file Uninstall.lnk
March 31, 2010 10:19:59 AM

I removed this annoying scam by simply running Super Antispyware it took ages but did it very effectively.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
April 27, 2010 10:26:19 AM

I started the computer in safe mode (hold down F1 when starting up and when loaded go to advanced and select safe mode), I then opened control panel and using System and Maintenance restored the system to a date I knew it was free from this pest.
Has worked fine, the major problem with Personal Security bug is it starts from boot up so you must avoid normal boot and use safe mode. It is a very clever bug and managed to switch of Windows Defender so suggest you switch it back on again when you reboot system after successful restore.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
April 30, 2010 7:34:23 AM

Thank you so much!!!! I just spent the last 4 hours searching online for ways to get rid of the personal security thing and luckily I found your post because it only took seconds to get rid of it! thank you soo much again!!
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 29, 2010 10:33:58 AM

I AM LOOKING FOR PERSONAL SECURITY JOBS
!