Remote control webcam

hi,
Is there any possibility to make streaming at 15 or 30 image/sec ( not image
pull) with a remote control webcam that any user can control over internet ?
I tried webcam32 with a fix webcam, but with Javacampush, it was impossible
to see any image with XP. (problem with recent java program. Works only with
old java 1.4.1.03).
Now, I'm using Media Encoder 9 to feed my webpage and it's working fine.
I've seen http://www.321cam.com/misc/LiveVideo.htm and the system seems to
be what I am looking for.
Do you have experience with this system ?
Does it work well on any machine ? (no problem with Java ?)
Are you able to control the webcam with a good time response ?
Can you customise the control panel ?
Many thank's for any reply
Pascal (sorry for my bad English)

Live webcam from Nogent sur Marne, Paris :
http://frapas737.free.fr/mediacoder9/mediacoder9.htm

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 11:49:48 +0100, "FraPas"
<no.mail.by.news@free.invalid.fr> wrote:

>hi,
>Is there any possibility to make streaming at 15 or 30 image/sec ( not image
>pull) with a remote control webcam that any user can control over internet ?
>I tried webcam32 with a fix webcam, but with Javacampush, it was impossible
>to see any image with XP. (problem with recent java program. Works only with
>old java 1.4.1.03).
>Now, I'm using Media Encoder 9 to feed my webpage and it's working fine.
>I've seen http://www.321cam.com/misc/LiveVideo.htm and the system seems to
>be what I am looking for.
>Do you have experience with this system ?
>Does it work well on any machine ? (no problem with Java ?)
>Are you able to control the webcam with a good time response ?
>Can you customise the control panel ?
>Many thank's for any reply
>Pascal (sorry for my bad English)
>
>Live webcam from Nogent sur Marne, Paris :
>http://frapas737.free.fr/mediacoder9/mediacoder9.htm

Remote control of a cam using media encoder can be slow due to
the buffering delay usually experienced usually with media
encoder. Below is a homemade pan/tilt webcam using webcam32.
Bottom is a site where you can compare the response time between
java and media encoder when switching etween cams.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ezservo1.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ezservo.htm
http://www.skibumsplace.com/php/modules.php?name=Webcam

> Remote control of a cam using media encoder can be slow due to
> the buffering delay usually experienced usually with media
> encoder.

That's Right, I didn't think about it before.

>Below is a homemade pan/tilt webcam using webcam32.
> Bottom is a site where you can compare the response time between
> java and media encoder when switching etween cams.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ezservo1.htm
> http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ezservo.htm
> http://www.skibumsplace.com/php/modules.php?name=Webcam

Hummm, I don't think I will be able to do it myself.
Not realy a problem for the hardware, I think I can do it, but with the
software....
thank's
Pascal

SALut

mais non ton Anglais n'est pa s si mauvais que cela !!

Moi ausi je suis à la recherche d'un moyen de mettre unese wab cam chez moi
pour faire de la surveillance de n'importe ou via internet

as tu avancé dans tes rechercehs ?

Moi je débute mais à plusieurs on pourra surement arriver à trouver quelques
choses de correcte

41a85c16$0$16038$626a14ce@news.free.fr...

"lbidouille" <lbidouille@none.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
41ae5602$0$7255$636a15ce@news.free.fr
> SALut
> mais non ton Anglais n'est pa s si mauvais que cela !!
> Moi ausi je suis à la recherche d'un moyen de mettre unese wab cam chez
> moi pour faire de la surveillance de n'importe ou via internet
> as tu avancé dans tes rechercehs ?
> Moi je débute mais à plusieurs on pourra surement arriver à trouver
> quelques choses de correcte

Salut Ladidouille,
Oui, j'avance un peu dans les recherches...
Je m'interresse au systeme Veo, particulierement les observer XT (~240 euro)
ethernet et ethernet WiFi (pas d'info de disponibilité pour l'europe ?) .
Pas encore dispo en europe mais pour bientot (~ 20 dec).
site vendeur :
http://www.expansys.fr/product.asp?code=115288
site fabriquant :
http://www.veoeurope.com/XT.htm
http://www.veoeurope.com/Wireless%20XT.htm
guide pdf :
http://www.veo.com/ObserverXT/guide.asp

une demo en ligne dispo (probablement un ancien model) :
http://www.redb.com.au/

Sinon, il y a aussi les D-link WiFi vers 400 euro. (pas de disponibilité
pour le model sans Wifi, domage).
Voila, j'espere que cela t'aidera. Si tu as d'autres infos, repond moi à
frapas737 (at) free;fr
merci
Pascal

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:31:34 +0100, "FraPas" <no.mail.by.news@free.invalid.fr>
wrote:

>> Remote control of a cam using media encoder can be slow due to
>> the buffering delay usually experienced usually with media
>> encoder.
>
>That's Right, I didn't think about it before.
>
>>Below is a homemade pan/tilt webcam using webcam32.
>> Bottom is a site where you can compare the response time between
>> java and media encoder when switching etween cams.
>>
>> http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ezservo1.htm
>> http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ezservo.htm
>> http://www.skibumsplace.com/php/modules.php?name=Webcam
>
>Hummm, I don't think I will be able to do it myself.
>Not realy a problem for the hardware, I think I can do it, but with the
>software....
>thank's
>Pascal

as late or never :)
mhh, www.webcam2000.info ,a schame to say ,but it work a bit better as
webcam32 from surveyor :) ,and its free.
the 25/30 fps problem is mostly the upstream and the power of the macchine.
i ,got here about max 12 fps, but is also depending on the compresion.

about the applet for paning and tilt ,the zoomkat script is the easy'st way.
i have a bit more complex script.