Remote control webcam

hi,
Is there any possibility to make streaming at 15 or 30 image/sec ( not image
pull) with a remote control webcam that any user can control over internet ?
I tried webcam32 with a fix webcam, but with Javacampush, it was impossible
to see any image with XP. (problem with recent java program. Works only with
old java 1.4.1.03).
Now, I'm using Media Encoder 9 to feed my webpage and it's working fine.
I've seen http://www.321cam.com/misc/LiveVideo.htm and the system seems to
be what I am looking for.
Do you have experience with this system ?
Does it work well on any machine ? (no problem with Java ?)
Are you able to control the webcam with a good time response ?
Can you customise the control panel ?
Many thank's for any reply
Pascal (sorry for my bad English)

Live webcam from Nogent sur Marne, Paris :
http://frapas737.free.fr/mediacoder9/mediacoder9.htm
5 answers Last reply
More about remote control webcam

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 11:49:48 +0100, "FraPas"
    <no.mail.by.news@free.invalid.fr> wrote:

    >hi,
    >Is there any possibility to make streaming at 15 or 30 image/sec ( not image
    >pull) with a remote control webcam that any user can control over internet ?
    >I tried webcam32 with a fix webcam, but with Javacampush, it was impossible
    >to see any image with XP. (problem with recent java program. Works only with
    >old java 1.4.1.03).
    >Now, I'm using Media Encoder 9 to feed my webpage and it's working fine.
    >I've seen http://www.321cam.com/misc/LiveVideo.htm and the system seems to
    >be what I am looking for.
    >Do you have experience with this system ?
    >Does it work well on any machine ? (no problem with Java ?)
    >Are you able to control the webcam with a good time response ?
    >Can you customise the control panel ?
    >Many thank's for any reply
    >Pascal (sorry for my bad English)
    >
    >Live webcam from Nogent sur Marne, Paris :
    >http://frapas737.free.fr/mediacoder9/mediacoder9.htm

    Remote control of a cam using media encoder can be slow due to
    the buffering delay usually experienced usually with media
    encoder. Below is a homemade pan/tilt webcam using webcam32.
    Bottom is a site where you can compare the response time between
    java and media encoder when switching etween cams.

    http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ezservo1.htm
    http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ezservo.htm
    http://www.skibumsplace.com/php/modules.php?name=Webcam

    > Remote control of a cam using media encoder can be slow due to
    > the buffering delay usually experienced usually with media
    > encoder.

    That's Right, I didn't think about it before.

    >Below is a homemade pan/tilt webcam using webcam32.
    > Bottom is a site where you can compare the response time between
    > java and media encoder when switching etween cams.
    >
    > http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ezservo1.htm
    > http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ezservo.htm
    > http://www.skibumsplace.com/php/modules.php?name=Webcam

    Hummm, I don't think I will be able to do it myself.
    Not realy a problem for the hardware, I think I can do it, but with the
    software....
    thank's
    Pascal

    SALut

    mais non ton Anglais n'est pa s si mauvais que cela !!

    Moi ausi je suis à la recherche d'un moyen de mettre unese wab cam chez moi
    pour faire de la surveillance de n'importe ou via internet

    as tu avancé dans tes rechercehs ?

    Moi je débute mais à plusieurs on pourra surement arriver à trouver quelques
    choses de correcte

    41a85c16$0$16038$626a14ce@news.free.fr...

    "lbidouille" <lbidouille@none.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    41ae5602$0$7255$636a15ce@news.free.fr
    > SALut
    > mais non ton Anglais n'est pa s si mauvais que cela !!
    > Moi ausi je suis à la recherche d'un moyen de mettre unese wab cam chez
    > moi pour faire de la surveillance de n'importe ou via internet
    > as tu avancé dans tes rechercehs ?
    > Moi je débute mais à plusieurs on pourra surement arriver à trouver
    > quelques choses de correcte

    Salut Ladidouille,
    Oui, j'avance un peu dans les recherches...
    Je m'interresse au systeme Veo, particulierement les observer XT (~240 euro)
    ethernet et ethernet WiFi (pas d'info de disponibilité pour l'europe ?) .
    Pas encore dispo en europe mais pour bientot (~ 20 dec).
    site vendeur :
    http://www.expansys.fr/product.asp?code=115288
    site fabriquant :
    http://www.veoeurope.com/XT.htm
    http://www.veoeurope.com/Wireless%20XT.htm
    guide pdf :
    http://www.veo.com/ObserverXT/guide.asp

    une demo en ligne dispo (probablement un ancien model) :
    http://www.redb.com.au/

    Sinon, il y a aussi les D-link WiFi vers 400 euro. (pas de disponibilité
    pour le model sans Wifi, domage).
    Voila, j'espere que cela t'aidera. Si tu as d'autres infos, repond moi à
    frapas737 (at) free;fr
    merci
    Pascal
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:31:34 +0100, "FraPas" <no.mail.by.news@free.invalid.fr>
    wrote:

    >> Remote control of a cam using media encoder can be slow due to
    >> the buffering delay usually experienced usually with media
    >> encoder.
    >
    >That's Right, I didn't think about it before.
    >
    >>Below is a homemade pan/tilt webcam using webcam32.
    >> Bottom is a site where you can compare the response time between
    >> java and media encoder when switching etween cams.
    >>
    >> http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ezservo1.htm
    >> http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ezservo.htm
    >> http://www.skibumsplace.com/php/modules.php?name=Webcam
    >
    >Hummm, I don't think I will be able to do it myself.
    >Not realy a problem for the hardware, I think I can do it, but with the
    >software....
    >thank's
    >Pascal

    as late or never :)
    mhh, www.webcam2000.info ,a schame to say ,but it work a bit better as
    webcam32 from surveyor :) ,and its free.
    the 25/30 fps problem is mostly the upstream and the power of the macchine.
    i ,got here about max 12 fps, but is also depending on the compresion.

    about the applet for paning and tilt ,the zoomkat script is the easy'st way.
    i have a bit more complex script.

Webcams Java Peripherals