VPN setup

March 13, 2005 10:50:18 PM

Is there a easy to follow directions for setting up the VPN for the PPC's
or using ActiveSync is all I need? I'm using a Samsung i700 and Verizon
connection, any suggestions? TIA
--
"..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
be...." A. Lincoln

More about : vpn setup

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 8:15:57 AM

This page may be of help as far as remote ActiveSync via a PPTP VPN tunnel is concerned...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/WM2003/WM2003PPTP...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Me" <spamsome1@else.net> wrote in message news:6mw9hdxkslmt$.19k0nkwml10ey.dlg@40tude.net...
> Is there a easy to follow directions for setting up the VPN for the PPC's
> or using ActiveSync is all I need? I'm using a Samsung i700 and Verizon
> connection, any suggestions? TIA
> --
> "..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
> be...." A. Lincoln
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 10:26:04 PM

Please elaborate? VPN setup is quite easy and straightforward.

"Me" <spamsome1@else.net> wrote in message
> Is there a easy to follow directions for setting up the VPN for the PPC's
> or using ActiveSync is all I need? I'm using a Samsung i700 and Verizon
> connection, any suggestions? TIA
> --
> "..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
> be...." A. Lincoln
Related resources
March 15, 2005 4:37:31 AM

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:26:04 +1100, S. Pidgorny <MVP> wrote:

Hi S, here is what I have, a Samsung i700 that I'm trying to connect to my
PC, as soon as I set the device on the cradle it will pop a question saying
that can not connect to the network, that I need to check the settings to
setup the connection, so I tried going on the settings by clicking on the
My connections/Add a new VPN server connection then it will ask the Host
name/ IP and here is where I get lost, I just type some name, but for the
type of the VPN couldn't make a choice as per: IPsec/L2TP or PPTP, here is
where I got lost. Any ideas on where I'm? Thanks!

--
"..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
be...." A. Lincoln
March 15, 2005 4:40:02 AM

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:26:04 +1100, S. Pidgorny <MVP> wrote:

> Please elaborate? VPN setup is quite easy and straightforward.
btw I have on my PC, Win98 and Windows 93 on the ppc

--
"..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
be...." A. Lincoln
March 15, 2005 5:04:41 AM

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 05:15:57 -0600, Sooner Al [MVP] wrote:

> This page may be of help as far as remote ActiveSync via a PPTP VPN tunnel is concerned...
>
> http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/WM2003/WM2003PPTP...

Thanks Al, is there a page for Win98, or Am I pushing my luck? ;)  thanks
anyway for your help!

--
!