Java Registry Key Is Gone

I try to run Java Applets using Internet Explorer, but it won't run. I
thought it was the firewall and security, so I turned all of them to the
lowest level or off. Still, my Internet Explorer couldn't run Java Applets.
Then I went to the control panel and clicked on Java Plug In, there's an
error message says Registry Key of Java Run Time is not found. I searched
and there's no Registry Key for Java under HKEY Local Machine. Can someone
help me please? Thank you very much.

Steo

"Steo" <Steo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I try to run Java Applets using Internet Explorer, but it won't run. I
> thought it was the firewall and security, so I turned all of them to the
> lowest level or off. Still, my Internet Explorer couldn't run Java
> Applets.
> Then I went to the control panel and clicked on Java Plug In, there's an
> error message says Registry Key of Java Run Time is not found. I searched
> and there's no Registry Key for Java under HKEY Local Machine. Can
> someone
> help me please? Thank you very much.
>
> Steo

I would try downloading & installing the java run time components from
http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2.se
This the link I have used to obtain the core run time components that allow
you to run java applets on your system.

Thanks, Norman. My PC can run Java Applet after I installed Java 5.0
Development Kit.

Steo

"Norman R. Cross" wrote:

> "Steo" <Steo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I try to run Java Applets using Internet Explorer, but it won't run. I
> > thought it was the firewall and security, so I turned all of them to the
> > lowest level or off. Still, my Internet Explorer couldn't run Java
> > Applets.
> > Then I went to the control panel and clicked on Java Plug In, there's an
> > error message says Registry Key of Java Run Time is not found. I searched
> > and there's no Registry Key for Java under HKEY Local Machine. Can
> > someone
> > help me please? Thank you very much.
> >
> > Steo
>
> I would try downloading & installing the java run time components from
> http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2.se
> This the link I have used to obtain the core run time components that allow
> you to run java applets on your system.

XP does not come with Java.

"Steo" <Steo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I try to run Java Applets using Internet Explorer, but it won't run. I
> thought it was the firewall and security, so I turned all of them to the
> lowest level or off. Still, my Internet Explorer couldn't run Java Applets.
> Then I went to the control panel and clicked on Java Plug In, there's an
> error message says Registry Key of Java Run Time is not found. I searched
> and there's no Registry Key for Java under HKEY Local Machine. Can someone
> help me please? Thank you very much.
>
> Steo

Latest posts