The "Features" block on the site now shows a cycling Java "daisy" unless you have allowed Google Analytics, i.e. you must allow this pro-advertiser script to run if you want to see the meat of this site. Google Analytics collects information of value to advertisers.
Fortunately, Google Analytics has a browser "opt-out" add-in that will let the scripts run, but not report back the results. I'll leave it to a programmer to determine if the opt-out is actually honest, but in the mean time, Allowing Google Analytics (e.g. in NoScript) but using the opt-out add-in seems to allow Tom's to function normally.

randomizer

Champion
Google Analytics collects information for the website owners, not advertisers. Unless they've been allowed access, advertisers don't receive this information. Still, it's odd that this would prevent the Features section from loading.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I've had it prevent content from displaying on other sites, temporarily.

Allowing google-analytics.com in Noscript did allow me to see the part of the page that wasn't loading ("Features"). Hopefully, as has been the case on those other sites, something will get fixed and I won't have to keep giving temporary permission to google-analytics.com to run scripts on my computer.

;)

^ Do you have AdBlockPlus? I have adblock+ and No Script and even with NoScript disabled and ABP enabled, I see the daisy wheel. If I disable ABP then i see the content.

It's *** like this BoM that makes me never want to come back to Toms.

I started seeing that on my work machine on Friday. My home machine still shows the content. Has the content been switched to a different source, that may be blocked?
This kind of BS does need to stop. I like some of the monthly content, but that may not be enough to keep me here if this nonsense keeps up.

Edit: And yes, I use AdBlock+ and Noscript in both places.