hello

can u help me out? im looking for the right ram to run with my E6600 2.4
witch would be best

DDR2 667mhz

DDR2 800mhz

corsair, geil ,kingston ?????? & how much 2x1gb 4x1gb 4x512mb

:D thx is u can help or give me some good tips

thx 4 help

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

picked up my parts 2day

E6600 2.4ghz

P5N32-E-SLI 680i

Corsair XMS2 667 2x1gb kit 4-4-4-12

2x36gb Raptors 16-mb cache, for raid-0 set up

will be getting 8800GTS

will be OCing a bit not hard core tho

so will this be ok? any thoughts ? what do u thing my options are now with my set up for OCing

G

If you don't plan on OCing, all your really need is DDRII-533, that being said, most motherboard can make use of the faster ram without OCing it...

I would recommend DDRII-667 like that if you ever want to Overclock it to around 3ghz you are good to go. If you find out that DDRII-800 is almost the same price then you might go for it as well.

I Suggest 2X1gb configuration, 2gb will get you by almost anything and is the sweet spot for a well performing machine right now. 4gb is overkill for most user and need x64.

If you stick with brand name like Crucial, OCZ, Geil, Kingston, corsair and so on you should be satisfied.

If you want more concrete recommendation you need to mention:
Motherboard
Price range
Usage
OCing , yes/no/later with goals and we should be able to point you in the right direction!

halcyon

Splendid
I'd think you'd get better performance if you get 800Mhz RAM that can run 4-4-4-12 on a motherboard that supports those timings than you will on with 667Mhz at the same timings...seems logical to me, but I may be wrong.

I don't think you have to be overclocking to see the benefit of 800Mhz ram vs. 667Mhz, but I may be wrong.

If you don't have your motherboard yet I'd recommend staying away from the Gigabyte P965 DS3, unless you're looking to cut corners/cost, if you plan to do any manual overclocking. ...it also doesn't seem to handle the 4-4-4-12 timings either, just the 5-5-5-15.

My $.02