BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
They were only for OEMs so they should have gotten the first shipments by now. I guess they are redoing their ads to include "Energy-Effcient/Lower voltage" as selling points.

They are said to go into the same AM2 mobo.

Threshold

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
BM, the 90nm EE and SFF EE chips do not run at 1.35V. The reason that the EE chips are energy efficient is that they are under-clocked and under-volted. The lower voltage needed to switch the transistors a smaller process node is what makes smaller-process chips cooler and less energy-hungry than larger ones. The 65W EE chips run at 1.20V and the SFF EE chips run just a touch over 1.00V. This is at 90 nm.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
BM, the 90nm EE and SFF EE chips do not run at 1.35V. The reason that the EE chips are energy efficient is that they are under-clocked and under-volted. The lower voltage needed to switch the transistors a smaller process node is what makes smaller-process chips cooler and less energy-hungry than larger ones. The 65W EE chips run at 1.20V and the SFF EE chips run just a touch over 1.00V. This is at 90 nm.

Then basically that site is all screwed up.

That is very possible then. I've seen Newegg sell "Brisbane" A64s that were really Venices. It's a mis-type. If you had 10,000 products, I'd bet that occasionally a few would have small details goofed up.

boduke

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006

Then basically that site is all screwed up.

Among other things....

pat

Expert
They have been launched about a week ago but I could't find any of them on the net...

They did like Intel with their Core2... OEM got them first. Then it is public time.. Some sample may start to show off soon, but I guess they will be rare for a while

dean7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
They have been launched about a week ago but I could't find any of them on the net...

They did like Intel with their Core2... OEM got them first. Then it is public time.. Some sample may start to show off soon, but I guess they will be rare for a whileWhy do OEMs get them first? That is the most backwards thing ever if you ask me.

pat

Expert

They did like Intel with their Core2... OEM got them first. Then it is public time.. Some sample may start to show off soon, but I guess they will be rare for a whileWhy do OEMs get them first? That is the most backwards thing ever if you ask me.

They are the biggest customers, so they are served first..

Bache

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006

You've got to keep your main clients satisfied :) or they might go somewhere else - back to 'all' Intel CPU's.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Maybe a paper launch for AMD.

There is a lot of paper launches going around, but this, in my opnion, is not one of them. It has been published many times either by AMD directly or via leaked Tiawanese rumor mill (I cannot recall exactly) that Dec would see limited release (likely ES samples, with small volume to begin building inventory), with mass release in Q1 07....

I guess this is a sly way of claiming 'we actually did not mean Dec. 2006, we meant you could buy them early next year'.... at the same time they can tell their stockholders that they release 65 nm in Q4 2006.

Either way, it was made clear OEMs would get the first release material, followed by widespread release to the channel and retail.

JackSo i guess the first reviews we will see are by sites that test complete systems(like [H]ardOCP does). :?

Xajel

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
So i guess the first reviews we will see are by sites that test complete systems(like [H]ardOCP does). :?

some reviewers has there sources for chips ( like HKPC, 65nm 4400+ is already tested on pcpop )

and some times the manufacture it self send special review items to some sites ( under NDA ). so you can expect some sites are already has and testing the CPU now, and may appears before real street availibility.