Current best mid-range card?

What are the current best midrange cards ($150-$200) to pick? I haven't kept up with the frantic pace of new graphics chips/card releases lately.

I'm not partial to either NVIDIA or ATI, so whatever the best deal is is the one I want.

Thanks.
16 answers Last reply
More about current range card
  1. The 'best card for the money' thread at the top of this forum is for you.

But the short answer is the 7900 GS.
  2. Shoot, I forgot to mention it must be an AGP card.

Thanks.
  3. i have to believe that its gotta be better to just save and change platforms. even if u take that money that was saved for the card and get a mobo with integrated graphics and then upgrade to pci later it seems that pouring money into agp doesnt make sense anymore. i'm by no means an expert just my $0.02
  4. AGP? ouch.

Well you can probably get a 7600 GT around that price, maybe $190-ish if you can find one.

If you consider upgrading, you can get a 7600 GT for ~$130 and you have about $60 for your upgrade... that should cover a motherboard.
  5. If it is AGP then it is the GF7600GT for $150 while the x1950PRO is the best agp card but it is around $250
  6. Quote:
    Shoot, I forgot to mention it must be an AGP card.

Thanks.

Your best bet is to try to win a 7800gs of of ebay for that price range. I've seen them go for $180-ish.
  7. Quote:
    The 'best card for the money' thread at the top of this forum is for you.

I just purchased a X1950 Pro from best buy sunday for $199 - 12% off. Isnt that pretty good card for the money?
  8. Quote:

I just purchased a X1950 Pro from best buy sunday for $199 - 12% off. Isnt that pretty good card for the money?
    thats a great Deal... :)
  9. It maybe a good idea to also say what your coming from (PC spec wise) another option might be a x850 basicaly I would go with the cheapest x850 or 7600GT in AGP form.
  10. Quote:

Awesome. I didn't think the AGP X1950 PROs wouyld be touching $200 yet.

The X1950 PRO is probably the best AGP card in existance...
  11. Quote:

That's gotta be PCI-E. Haven't seen them for anywhere near that price for AGP.
  12. Yes, it's a BBA PCI-e they had for $199 and many folks got 10 & 12% off coupons in the mail. The Visiontek AGP X1950 pro is on their shelves, but it's $299.
  13. wow $300 for that cash you could sell your old mobo CPU and RAm get a new one and still have cash for like a GF 7600GT PCI-e
  14. Quote:
    It maybe a good idea to also say what your coming from (PC spec wise) another option might be a x850 basicaly I would go with the cheapest x850 or 7600GT in AGP form.

Just bought an X850XT from ebay for $69 last week. Usually I see them going for $100+$16 shipping with BIN.
  15. pretty good price i saw a X850XT for $89 open Box from Newegg.com which i believe is a little more reliable then Ebay
  16. Quote:
    That's gotta be PCI-E. Haven't seen them for anywhere near that price for AGP.

Yeah, mine's PCI-E. Your probably right, the agp version was probably not on sale.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics