Logitech and XP Problem

This is probably not uncommon, but it's driving me nuts...I've installed
Logitech's QuickCam Messenger. It worked well on my system when I only had
256MB ram, but seems to be choking at 768MB which makes no sense.

When I start the cam up, it freezes up my mouse, but not my keyboard. Very
weird. I'm using a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 1.0 and running Office
XP Professional with SP1. The rest of my specs are:

Windows XP Professional Version 2002
AMD Athlon (tm) processor
801MHz
768MB of Ram

Any ideas/Suggestions?

Thanks Mr. Gee

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 16:30:52 -0500, "Mr. Gee"
<derbecker_@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>This is probably not uncommon, but it's driving me nuts...I've installed
>Logitech's QuickCam Messenger. It worked well on my system when I only had
>256MB ram, but seems to be choking at 768MB which makes no sense.
>
>When I start the cam up, it freezes up my mouse, but not my keyboard. Very
>weird. I'm using a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 1.0 and running Office
>XP Professional with SP1. The rest of my specs are:

You may have gotten some bad ram. Take the ram out and see if it
works. Happened to me once. Got a new MB, etc, and then Found the
ram was causing the problem.

I agree with Si...replace your new ram with the old and see if the problem
disappears. Bad RAM has been known quite often to cause many weird problems.
Check it now so that it may be returned if bad. As soon as you said you
upped the RAM I knew that would probably be the problem, or perhaps you
didn't use the right knid of RAM. The machines are pretty sensitive to the
right kind of RAM
Regards, David

"Si Ballenger" <shb*NO*SPAM*@comporium.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 16:30:52 -0500, "Mr. Gee"
> <derbecker_@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
>>This is probably not uncommon, but it's driving me nuts...I've installed
>>Logitech's QuickCam Messenger. It worked well on my system when I only had
>>256MB ram, but seems to be choking at 768MB which makes no sense.
>>
>>When I start the cam up, it freezes up my mouse, but not my keyboard. Very
>>weird. I'm using a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 1.0 and running Office
>>XP Professional with SP1. The rest of my specs are:
>
> You may have gotten some bad ram. Take the ram out and see if it
> works. Happened to me once. Got a new MB, etc, and then Found the
> ram was causing the problem.

I am having the exact same problem. I have an Intel HP laptop with XP
SP1 and 2GB ram. Same Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard / Mouse
combo. When Cam is running mouse reacts like in molasses. Turn the
camera off and everything goes back to normal. Makes camera impossible
to use. Any ideas?

Shayne

David Gerard wrote:
> I agree with Si...replace your new ram with the old and see if the
problem
> disappears. Bad RAM has been known quite often to cause many weird
problems.
> Check it now so that it may be returned if bad. As soon as you said
you
> upped the RAM I knew that would probably be the problem, or perhaps
you
> didn't use the right knid of RAM. The machines are pretty sensitive
to the
> right kind of RAM
> Regards, David
>

> "Si Ballenger" <shb*NO*SPAM*@comporium.net> wrote in message
> > On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 16:30:52 -0500, "Mr. Gee"
> > <derbecker_@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> >
> >>This is probably not uncommon, but it's driving me nuts...I've
installed
> >>Logitech's QuickCam Messenger. It worked well on my system when I
only had
> >>256MB ram, but seems to be choking at 768MB which makes no sense.
> >>
> >>When I start the cam up, it freezes up my mouse, but not my
keyboard. Very
> >>weird. I'm using a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 1.0 and running
Office
> >>XP Professional with SP1. The rest of my specs are:
> >
> > You may have gotten some bad ram. Take the ram out and see if it
> > works. Happened to me once. Got a new MB, etc, and then Found the
> > ram was causing the problem.

my puter maker told me not to use more than 512 mbs of sdram..

i had over that and the whole puter choked after awhile...

hope that helps...

william

--
When things can't get any worse, they simplify themselves by getting a whole
lot worse then complicated. A complete and utter disaster is the simplest

Cost effective domain hosting with all the goodies via me.
"Rough Drafts Live On Stage" & "W. K. Mahler" $5 each.
Exclusively at http://www.mahlers.com & http://www.wkmahler.com
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/wkmahlermusic.htm