Changing Screen Resolution

To use an LCD panel monitor I was told I would have to use a higher
resolution than the 800X600 I use on my CRT monitor.
I've switched to 1024X768 and find everything too small. I've been learning
how to adjust most of the items to make them more easily viewable using a
higher resolution.
Is there any website that discusses this changeover in detail?
Thanks.
Niall

peter

To make things a little easier to see for my tired old eyes I turned on Clear
Type and went to large fonts
under Appearance/effects.
peter

"peter" <peter@nomalarky.ca> wrote in message
> To make things a little easier to see for my tired old eyes I turned
> on Clear Type and went to large fonts
> under Appearance/effects.
> peter

To get the most out of Clear Type see Clear Type tuner:
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/cleartype/tuner/1.htm
There's also a powertoy now:

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Protect your PC

Niall Anglin wrote:

>To use an LCD panel monitor I was told I would have to use a higher
>resolution than the 800X600 I use on my CRT monitor.
>I've switched to 1024X768 and find everything too small. I've been learning
>how to adjust most of the items to make them more easily viewable using a
>higher resolution.

An LCD will only work well at its 'native' resolution. This is usually
1024x768 on a nominally 15 inch; 1280 x768 on larger ones.

The dot pitch on these is usually finer than CRTs, and you need to
adjust the setting for that. At Display - Settings, click Advanced, and
put DPI up to 120%

Apply. Then in Display - Appearance - Advanced you can fine tune things
by selecting Items (notably Icon) and adjusting size and related font
size to get it just as you like

peter

Thanks Frank
I had used the tuner off the website before...but now I downloaded the powertoy
peter
"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
> "peter" <peter@nomalarky.ca> wrote in message
>> To make things a little easier to see for my tired old eyes I turned
>> on Clear Type and went to large fonts
>> under Appearance/effects.
>> peter
>
> To get the most out of Clear Type see Clear Type tuner:
> http://www.microsoft.com/typography/cleartype/tuner/1.htm There's also a
> powertoy now:

> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC
> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx

Thanks to everyone for the helpful tips.
Niall