Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Blizzard to Reveal Mystery Title Next Month at PAX East

Last response: in News comments
February 28, 2013 6:11:08 AM

Blates will be WoW wacky racers...

After the crap that was SC2 & D3, with their insistence on using the WoW engine for everything, I really, really am not holding my breath that it'll be any good.
Score
Anonymous
February 28, 2013 6:15:16 AM

im not to sure what mazty refers to about sc2, havent bought it. but d3 was a waste of time and money, and is well worth a refund.

but anyway... im with him on the matter
they are gonna try and add some wow crap to it and it will ruin it.

but this time blizzard will launch a new IP, so the success cant piggy back off the previous titles.
Score
February 28, 2013 6:32:32 AM

Blizzard: The "Diablo 3" You played last year was just a joke.

Blizzard: Now we are releasing the real Diablo 3.
Score
February 28, 2013 6:38:05 AM

**GASP*** Its half life 3!
Score
February 28, 2013 7:25:24 AM

Became really excited about a sc ghost reboot after reading this, then realised it would probably be built on the cod engine .____.
Score
February 28, 2013 7:35:49 AM

maztyBlates will be WoW wacky racers...After the crap that was SC2 & D3, with their insistence on using the WoW engine for everything, I really, really am not holding my breath that it'll be any good.

I hope you are joking. SC2 crap? Using WoW engine for everything? My brain is hurting right now.
Score
Anonymous
February 28, 2013 7:52:26 AM

"The company may be introducing Blizzard All-Stars, the League of Legends competitor that was originally called "Blizzard DOTA" until Valve took the studio to court over the DOTA name."

There are several things wrong in this sentence.

Blizzard took Valve to court, not the other way around.

DotA never was Blizzard DotA. It was DotA All-Stars.

Blizzard DotA (now known as Blizzard All-Stars) is a SCII map.

DotA was a W3 map.

DotA 2, which Blizzard tried to sue Valve over, is a stand-alone version of DotA.
Score
February 28, 2013 7:55:42 AM

Shame, I don't feel very invigorated when I hear "Blizzard" anymore. Not like the Warcraft RTS days. Personally bought D3 expecting some good quality gaming, but got a merchant-style game instead.

SC2's always online was a real pity. SC2 has good gameplay, but I'm not always online. So I didn't get it. Only money-making failures out of Blizzard nowadays. Makes them money, but leaves us with despair.
Score
February 28, 2013 8:04:20 AM

After diablo 3, im not that excited on any of the new blizzard games.

>> It could also be the project Jay Wilson began working on after leaving the Diablo 3 team.

f&#$ that loser.
Score
February 28, 2013 8:21:27 AM

I bought sc2 (and i think it was sorta a mistake on my part), and after that did not bother even trying the diablo 3 beta they send me.

So, chances are their next game wont be interesting for me either. However, ive been proven wrong before, so i will wait and see.

Score
February 28, 2013 8:49:43 AM

After the disappointments that were SCII and D3 (IMO) I'm no longer excited by anything Blizzard could release. Whatever they plan on selling I'm not buying.
Score
February 28, 2013 9:17:05 AM

I don't get excited over games anymore. I was disappointed too many times in the past for games that I was excited for. So, I just wait for the review and see what the "test subject" say and decide from there if I want to buy it or just wait for it.
Score
February 28, 2013 10:11:24 AM

Warcraft 4 or gtfo
Score
February 28, 2013 11:03:31 AM

Related news:

Activision-Blizzard partners up with ebay for their next title.
Score
February 28, 2013 11:10:48 AM

I really hope it's Auction House the Game. I just want to send Activision my money directly instead of having all this gameplay nonsense in the way. Why do I need to grind for an hour before I can give them more money?
Score
February 28, 2013 11:24:30 AM

officeguyI don't get excited over games anymore. I was disappointed too many times in the past for games that I was excited for. So, I just wait for the review and see what the "test subject" say and decide from there if I want to buy it or just wait for it.
Can't decide if it's just an side effect of growing older and more cynical, or if games these last few years have just generally sucked more.

Either way, I certainly don't care about 99% of the games I hear about these days. I could use this opportunity to rant about how consoles strangled the games industry anyway (think of all the cool ideas we were promised in tech demos over the years which couldn't come to be because they were unsupported/too power-hungry for the crappy old current-gen consoles) but that wouldn't entirely apply as we are seeing an interesting resurgence in smaller, 'simpler' games which prove quite enjoyable.

I don't know, it just seems like there's too much generic crap out there now.
Score
February 28, 2013 12:16:47 PM

Its gotta be D3 SE, with another level of exclusive purchase only equipment!
Score
February 28, 2013 12:21:09 PM

Wake me up in 10 years when they're done with it.
Score
February 28, 2013 1:40:24 PM

Dont care what it is I wont touch it with a 10 foot pole until it has been released and out on the market for a few months.

I want to make sure plenty of professional and user reviews hit the web about whatever it is.

Blizzard has completely lost my trust in them any more. Diablo 3 was the last pre order I ever make from Blizzard.
Score
February 28, 2013 1:51:57 PM

Big companies have destroyed two great companies. Activision killed Blizzard and EA killed Bioware. RIP you two were great at one time but now you are just whores.
Score
February 28, 2013 2:30:43 PM

Oh goooodie. Diable 4. *sarcasm
Score
February 28, 2013 2:31:59 PM

susyque747Big companies have destroyed two great companies. Activision killed Blizzard and EA killed Bioware. RIP you two were great at one time but now you are just whores.

Hey, I object to you comparing them to prostitutes aka "whores". Those are hard working girls. ;-)
Score
February 28, 2013 3:28:00 PM

cknobmanDont care what it is I wont touch it with a 10 foot pole until it has been released and out on the market for a few months.I want to make sure plenty of professional and user reviews hit the web about whatever it is. Blizzard has completely lost my trust in them any more. Diablo 3 was the last pre order I ever make from Blizzard.

Agree'd. Let all the suckers buy it first and wait for the complaints/praises a month or two after release.
Score
February 28, 2013 4:12:13 PM

I know someone inside Blizzard and got the lowdown.... it's titled "Real Money Auction House 2". It's a great game where you give them money and get a popup that says "You Win!!!".
Score
February 28, 2013 5:04:19 PM

Maybe it will be a set of Zerg units that are actually fun to play with.
Score
February 28, 2013 5:19:14 PM

javaskullMaybe it will be a set of Zerg units that are actually fun to play with.

You mean to tell me you don't enjoy suicide units(banelings)?!?!?!?!
Score
February 28, 2013 5:24:13 PM

Koticku"The company may be introducing Blizzard All-Stars, the League of Legends competitor that was originally called "Blizzard DOTA" until Valve took the studio to court over the DOTA name."There are several things wrong in this sentence.Blizzard took Valve to court, not the other way around.DotA never was Blizzard DotA. It was DotA All-Stars. Blizzard DotA (now known as Blizzard All-Stars) is a SCII map.DotA was a W3 map.DotA 2, which Blizzard tried to sue Valve over, is a stand-alone version of DotA.

Well don't stop there! There's plenty of things different about DOTA and Blizzard All-Stars that has nothing to do with the article.
Score
February 28, 2013 6:08:39 PM

Blizzard is going to stage a public execution of Jay Wilson!!!
Score
February 28, 2013 7:41:23 PM

ROCK N' ROLL RACING 2!!!!
: )

That'd be awesome!
My real guess...
"StarCraft 2: Phoenix"
Score
February 28, 2013 7:49:47 PM

Hopefully its going to be the World of Warville App for the iphone... allowing users to create their own WoW based themepark.. similar to zooville.

that's my guess anyway.
Score
February 28, 2013 7:51:43 PM

CrArCCan't decide if it's just an side effect of growing older and more cynical, or if games these last few years have just generally sucked more..

When a company's idea of evolution is to keep making the same crap over and over... it is going to get stale no matter how cool the original idea was.
Score
March 1, 2013 2:48:00 AM

i guess im the odd one out, as long as its not something related to WoW ill be happy. I was hoping at PS4 conference they would announce ghost, but that of course would have been too good to be true, so i doubt that it will be it this time around.
Score
March 1, 2013 4:09:20 AM

Doubtful it's anything meaningful or big, otherwise we'd hear lot more about it. My guess would be it's Blizzard All Stars aka stand alone DotA client.
Score
March 1, 2013 6:17:21 AM

Soda-88I hope you are joking. SC2 crap? Using WoW engine for everything? My brain is hurting right now.

Considering the advances made in the RTS genre since 1998, Blizzard completely forgets all of it and just makes a slightly improved version of a very dated game. I don't care how many pro-competitions there are, it's a very dated RTS when compared to the likes of Sup Com & DoW.

You do realise that they just modify the WoW engine for every game they make hence why the shaders are identical? Or do you think it's just coincidence that WoW, SC2 & D3 all have the same dull textured look & piss-poor performance? Maybe your brain is hurting from a lack of use ;) 
Score
March 1, 2013 1:32:59 PM

I put thousands of hours into WoW, and gave D3 and SC2 a try, but the other posters are correct in that Blizzard has definitely lost the magic of pre-Activision Blizzard. They've gone from a company where you can count on quality to we'll need to try it first before buying.

At this point as far as I'm concerned they should either go back to the pre-Activistion strategies, or they can go into movie making and books. At least their pre-rendered trailers are still amazing. I'd happily pay for a movie ticket to see a full length movie like the SC2 exp or MoP trailers.
Score
Anonymous
March 1, 2013 2:41:55 PM

I'm starting not to care about the games Blizzard makes anymore. My only interest in that company is because whatever small movement they make, creates huge tidal waves in the gaming communities.

Blizzard just doesn't speak to me as a gamer, much like Apple doesn't speak to me as a tech junkie.
Score
March 1, 2013 9:07:32 PM

do not care, blizzard is ruled by EA and everything blizzard has been destroyed by EA.
title should read EA under bobby kotick releases another ruined game.
forced diaper mode, forced bottle fed mode and forced training wheel mode.
DRM and ONLINE connection so you can be controlled, mandatory.
enjoy their misery!
Score
March 4, 2013 9:38:50 AM

Well Blizzard certainly needs a breath of fresh air after the Diablo III debacle... But Diablo was never their game anyway (Blizzard North walked away after D2) so I am intrigued by this new title, altho , as someone said already, I wont be making a pre-purchase on their games any time soon. I want to see how good the game is first.
Score
March 4, 2013 9:42:54 AM

dangtheWell Blizzard certainly needs a breath of fresh air after the Diablo III debacle... But Diablo was never their game anyway (Blizzard North walked away after D2) so I am intrigued by this new title, altho , as someone said already, I wont be making a pre-purchase on their games any time soon. I want to see how good the game is first.

You probably mean Activision...
Score
!