It's a beta program. This means that you should notinstall it unless
everything important is backed up and you are ready to format the drive and
re-install everything.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"huck" <fish254@cox.net> wrote in message
> Win. AntoSpyware if the program any good to install ?

As mentioned it is BETA. I suggest looking at the newsgroup for other users
experiences.
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

Ama3rd

"Ama3rd" wrote:

> As mentioned it is BETA. I suggest looking at the newsgroup for other users
> experiences.
> http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us
>
> Ama3rd
>

> "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > It's a beta program. This means that you should notinstall it unless
> > everything important is backed up and you are ready to format the drive
> and
> > re-install everything.
> >
> > --
> > Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> > Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
> > http://www.fjsmjs.com
> > Protect your PC
> > http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx
> >

> > "huck" <fish254@cox.net> wrote in message
> > > Win. AntoSpyware if the program any good to install ?

The base code came from Giant Company Software. Only the re-branding is
truly Beta.

It's only a Beta, showing false positives when I tested. The options/features are nice, but I'd still wait for the final release.

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) Home:

http://groups.google.co.in/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=%23vJP0H%248EHA.1188%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl

http://groups.google.co.in/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=OgWM9TJ9EHA.4072%40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"huck" <fish254@cox.net> wrote in message news:I0uEd.50470$8e5.13411@fed1read07...
Win. AntoSpyware if the program any good to install ?

I use it and have had no problems at all. On the initial run it found many
problems that the well known programs had not found.

Duane Phinney wrote:
> I use it and have had no problems at all. On the initial run it found
> many problems that the well known programs had not found.

I do hope you made sure that these "problems" were not false positives.

"André Gulliksen" <andre.gulliksen@start.no> wrote in message
> Duane Phinney wrote:
>> I use it and have had no problems at all. On the initial run it found
>> many problems that the well known programs had not found.
>
> I do hope you made sure that these "problems" were not false positives.

No, 2 browser hijackers, 1 trojan downloader, 16 adware, 2 servers, and it
cleand a bunch of junk out of the registry.

I changed from dialup to dsl 30 days ago and got hammered hard.

TRENDING THREADS