Windows Firewall

Can someone please tell me how to dissable the firewall in the service pack
2, i like to play games on Pogo, and the firewall is blocking the Java from

Hi

So long as you have a 3rd party Firewall installed and up and running:

Control Panel>Security Center - click on 'Windows Firewall' at the bottom of
the screen. If you haven't got a 3rd party Firewall installed and disable
the XP one, you are very likely to have your system infected very quickly!!

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

ozieite wrote:
> Can someone please tell me how to dissable the firewall in the
> service pack 2, i like to play games on Pogo, and the firewall is
> blocking the Java from loading the games.

Don't! Instead of disabling the firewall, configure it to allow the traffic
you want to allow. Disabling the firewall will make your system vulnerable
to worms or hackers exploiting potential security holes in your system.

Your Windows firewall settings are easily spotted in the control panel.
Depending on your setup you may have to click through via the security
center.