Gainward Bliss 7800GS+ only 20pipes help?????

I bought an AGP Gainward Bliss 7800GS+ 512Mb Golden Sample. On their website it states that it is the 7900GT chip. However running Everest 2006 trial it does state it's the G71core but shows as only 20 Pixel Piplines and 7Vertex shaders, When the G71 should in fact have 24 pipes and 8 vertex shaders. Has anyone got any idea what's going on??? Is my gfx card showing the wrong details or have I been conned?

Any help would be appreciated.
16 answers Last reply
More about gainward bliss 7800gs 20pipes help
  1. you have got a Gainward Bliss 7800GS and not the Gainward Bliss 7800GS+
  2. That's what I thought, although it does say it's the G71core so I have conflicting information. I think I will contact Gainward.
  3. the agp version is only 20/7 and not 24/8 like its pci counterpart.
  4. Jut to clarify, Gainward has two version...
    - Gainward BLISS 7800 GS AGP - 20pp/7vs (G70 - GT)
    - Gainward BLISS 7800 GS+ AGP - 24pp/8vs (G71 - GT)
    So yes they have the only card on AGP with the full 24 pipes enabled. And I would check with RivaTuner the actual pipes and vertex shaders that one is more accurate! ;-)
  5. Thanks for your responses guys. I bought the Card from Scan computers at only £233.00incl VAT. It does say on their site it is the 7900GT on 7800agp with 20Pixel Pipes and 7 vertex shaders. I was under the impression though that regardless of whether or not it's AGP or PCIe the architecture remains the same i.e 24/8 pipes/shaders??????

Georgelawton can you explain your info please?
    Thanks.
  6. Quote:
    Thanks for your responses guys. I bought the Card from Scan computers at only £233.00incl VAT. It does say on their site it is the 7900 GT on 7800 AGP with 20 pixel pipes and 7 vertex shaders. I was under the impression though that regardless of whether or not it's AGP or PCIe the architecture remains the same i.e 24/8 pipes/shaders.

Well if their site states that they are wrong, once again. That is what I know a bit of Scan Computers and it is not the first error on their website. The Gainward 7800 GS AGP is based upon the G70 normally or the cut down version of the G71, but always 20 pipes and 7 vertex. The GS+, and really that "plus" is important is the full G71, with 24 pipes and 8 vertex.
  7. Yes it's definately GS+ and it does say on Everest 2006 it's the G71gpu but only 20/7. I'd better call Scan and see what they say.

Has anyone else had this?
  8. Okay, I had one other guy with the same thing. Can you double check with RivaTuner that you got the same. If so you can contact Scan or ask Gainward Support. Cause I asked that to Gainward myself at the time for the other guy and they did replace the card once he contacted Gainward Support.
  9. Thanks for the response. Can someone tell me where within Rivatuner I will find this info i.e GPU core, pixel pipes and Vertex shader units. I'm new to this sort of thing?
  10. Quote:
    Thanks for the response. Can someone tell me where within Rivatuner I will find this info i.e GPU core, pixel pipes and Vertex shader units. I'm new to this sort of thing?

When you load RivaTuner you see it in the main screen immediatly... in the middle.
  11. Your a Star, thankyou Mavke, will try later
  12. Quote:
    Thanks for your responses guys. I bought the Card from Scan computers at only £233.00incl VAT. It does say on their site it is the 7900 GT on 7800 AGP with 20 pixel pipes and 7 vertex shaders. I was under the impression though that regardless of whether or not it's AGP or PCIe the architecture remains the same i.e 24/8 pipes/shaders.

Well if their site states that they are wrong, once again. That is what I know a bit of Scan Computers and it is not the first error on their website. The Gainward 7800 GS AGP is based upon the G70 normally or the cut down version of the G71, but always 20 pipes and 7 vertex. The GS+, and really that "plus" is important is the full G71, with 24 pipes and 8 vertex.
    ..which is a clear contravention of the UK Trade Descriptions Act 1968.

A clear explanation of the legal principle involved can be found here.
  13. I recently talked to Gainward, from what I understand the old 24-pipeline 7800 GS+ is 'end of life'... meaning they are getting rid of the old stock and that's it.

From what I can gather, the new 7800 GS 'golden sample' from Gainward is like a 7900 GS, 20 pipelines.

I'm getting one to test against the AGP X1950 PRO in an upcoming review, so we'll see...
  14. Yes I can confirm that I have the "Gainward Bliss 7800GS+ Golden Sample Special Edition" to give it's full description. It shows as G71GPU but 20pipes and 7vertex, I just want to know if i've been ripped off.
  15. I guess you're about as ripped off as anyone buying a new 7800+ golden sample...
  16. Quote:
    Yes I can confirm that I have the "Gainward Bliss 7800GS+ Golden Sample Special Edition" to give it's full description. It shows as G71GPU but 20pipes and 7vertex, I just want to know if i've been ripped off.

Well yes, if you got the GS+ as it states you should have G71 24pp/8vp... You can contact the Gainward support as they will support a replacement. :-)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gainward Bliss Graphics