which webcam software for multitple cameras?

I want to set up multiple web-cameras to display all images on one web page
but I can't find any webcam software that will handle several cameras at
once. What I need is software that will give each seperate camera snapshot
it's own unique name eg, cam1 creates webcam1.jpg, cam2 creates webcam2,jpg,
cam3 creates webcam3.jpg etc. Thanks for any help.
7 answers Last reply
More about which webcam software multitple cameras

    On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 23:41:21 -0000, "tg"
    <tg@nospamevereverever.net> wrote:

    >I want to set up multiple web-cameras to display all images on one web page
    >but I can't find any webcam software that will handle several cameras at
    >once. What I need is software that will give each seperate camera snapshot
    >it's own unique name eg, cam1 creates webcam1.jpg, cam2 creates webcam2,jpg,
    >cam3 creates webcam3.jpg etc. Thanks for any help.

    Multiple webcams on a single computer can be tricky due many cams
    using the same driver, which windows often doesn't like. The
    first link below switches between a cam and video feeds using a
    parallel port switcher. The second link is 3 cams connected to a
    winnov capture card and using webcam32. The bottom link is
    webcam2000 and a winnov capture card setup where you can switch
    between the 3 cams connected to the winnov card.

    http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ppswitcher-demo.htm
    http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/multiwc32.htm
    http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc2000.htm

    Our CamPanel software is made for this.

    http://www.trackercam.com/campanel

    "Eagletron" <announcement@eagletron.com> wrote in message
    > Our CamPanel software is made for this.
    >
    > http://www.trackercam.com/campanel

    thanks for your feedback, I tried the trial version but could not get it to
    upload to my website. I've tried quite a few trial versions of webcam
    software and was able to get them all to upload but somehow this program
    won't do it. Also, the design of the interface is off-putting. Is there
    really a need to blank out the whole screen with the program? Users don't
    like having the start button and task bar taken away from them without
    asking. Whoever designed this program thought they were being
    innovative/arty but the result is nothing useful for the end user. I suppose
    if I could get it to upload I may consider purchase but that interface
    really puts me off.

    Now that tg has brought it up, he hit the nail on the head...Cam Panel is an
    excellent program once it is configured but it is not very intuitive. I had
    to follow the help file all the way through with anything I tried to set up.
    Yes, it does the job but in its own way. Many programs follow the "Windows"
    approach and that is a great help for all us out here. Yours is almost the
    only program I know that doesn't follow a similar protocol...and as far as
    not being able to resize the widows...not very good. But as I said a basic
    great program. I see these announcements from Eagletron after every post
    looking for software or motion control and I have sort of gotten used to
    them. I have tried cam panel and intend to purchase it because it does what
    I want but the controls are "cludgy" and it is a screen hog...

    Thanks, David Gerard

    "tg" <tg@nospamevereverever.net> wrote in message

    > "Eagletron" <announcement@eagletron.com> wrote in message
    >> Our CamPanel software is made for this.
    >>
    >> http://www.trackercam.com/campanel
    >
    > thanks for your feedback, I tried the trial version but could not get it
    > upload to my website. I've tried quite a few trial versions of webcam
    > software and was able to get them all to upload but somehow this program
    > won't do it. Also, the design of the interface is off-putting. Is there
    > really a need to blank out the whole screen with the program? Users don't
    > like having the start button and task bar taken away from them without
    > asking. Whoever designed this program thought they were being
    > innovative/arty but the result is nothing useful for the end user. I
    > suppose
    > if I could get it to upload I may consider purchase but that interface
    > really puts me off.

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    "David Gerard" <david@davidgerard.com> wrote in message
    > Now that tg has brought it up, he hit the nail on the head...Cam Panel is
    > an excellent program once it is configured but it is not very intuitive. I
    > had to follow the help file all the way through with anything I tried to
    > set up. Yes, it does the job but in its own way. Many programs follow the
    > "Windows" approach and that is a great help for all us out here. Yours is
    > almost the only program I know that doesn't follow a similar
    > protocol...and as far as not being able to resize the widows...not very
    > good. But as I said a basic great program. I see these announcements from
    > Eagletron after every post looking for software or motion control and I
    > have sort of gotten used to them. I have tried cam panel and intend to
    > purchase it because it does what I want but the controls are "cludgy" and
    > it is a screen hog...

    at the end of the day those holding the dollars will vote with their feet,
    and I went for WebcamXP. It does 5 cams at once and I've still got my
    taskbar and start button. Campanel is a classic example of too much
    subjective input with too little functionality. Sooner or later the guys at
    http://www.trackercam.com/campanel will give in and drop their interface
    design and give the user the start button and taskbar back. Make it sooner
    guys and you'll sell more.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    Thanks for your feedback.

    The reason that CamPanel takes up the whole screen is that some
    security professionals want it that way. But obviously this is not the
    case for everyone so we have contacted our developers to request that
    this feature be optional.

    www.eagletron.com
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    > Thanks for your feedback.
    >
    > The reason that CamPanel takes up the whole screen is that some
    > security professionals want it that way. But obviously this is not the
    > case for everyone so we have contacted our developers to request that
    > this feature be optional.

    that sounds even better than a standard-windows-only interface. Giving the
    customer the choice of both worlds...
    The more I think about it the more potential there is in this. If similar
    interface choice could be integrated into more applications it would make
    computers easier for beginners. I meet and coach a lot of beginners in my
    work and the hardest thing for computer beginners is the complexity of the
    standard windows interface, it overwhelms them. Who knows,
    http://www.eagletron.com/ may be pioneering a new trend here.

Webcams Cameras Software Peripherals