please recommend vidconf software please.....

Tags:
  • Webcams
  • Software
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 3, 2004 11:01:47 PM

Hi guys

Sorry if I am repeating a common thread, Ive searched past posts with
not much luck....

Im planning on purchasing a Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 (Im in USA),
and am planning on my family getting one too (UK)

Hardware wise, from my research this model seems a good bet.

However, I want to make sure we have the best software too. Can you
recommend one with excellent frame rates, and obviously exc
reliabilty?!

Ive noticed CU World and iVisit. To achieve **"live"** perfomances of
frame rate, which would u recommend, and how much better would it be
paying the subscription fee per month? Is there better software out
there? Are these no better than MSNs video conf software?

If it helps, we both have broadband, I use XP, my brother uses win
2000.

I would really appreciate your help

thank you

Lee

More about : recommend vidconf software

Anonymous
December 4, 2004 7:19:55 AM

On 3 Dec 2004 20:01:47 -0800, waxwabbit@altavista.com (waxwabbit)
wrote:

>Hi guys
>
>Sorry if I am repeating a common thread, Ive searched past posts with
>not much luck....
>
>Im planning on purchasing a Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 (Im in USA),
>and am planning on my family getting one too (UK)
>
>Hardware wise, from my research this model seems a good bet.
>
>However, I want to make sure we have the best software too. Can you
>recommend one with excellent frame rates, and obviously exc
>reliabilty?!
>
>Ive noticed CU World and iVisit. To achieve **"live"** perfomances of
>frame rate, which would u recommend, and how much better would it be
>paying the subscription fee per month? Is there better software out
>there? Are these no better than MSNs video conf software?
>
>If it helps, we both have broadband, I use XP, my brother uses win
>2000.

How much "broadband" do you have? If you only have the usual
250kbps max upload speed, then you will not get "**"live"**
perfomances of frame rate". These typical speeds will only
support 3-4 fps of a 320x240 11KB jpg image.
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 6:07:11 PM

MSN messenger is simple & works just fine#
for one on one conferences plus if you actually leave your computers on at
all times its simple to leave a short typed message on each others desks and
tell when you're brothers online.
# provided router/firewall/ports configs ok which mostly they will

"waxwabbit" <waxwabbit@altavista.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys
>
> Sorry if I am repeating a common thread, Ive searched past posts with
> not much luck....
>
> Im planning on purchasing a Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 (Im in USA),
> and am planning on my family getting one too (UK)
>
> Hardware wise, from my research this model seems a good bet.
>
> However, I want to make sure we have the best software too. Can you
> recommend one with excellent frame rates, and obviously exc
> reliabilty?!
>
> Ive noticed CU World and iVisit. To achieve **"live"** perfomances of
> frame rate, which would u recommend, and how much better would it be
> paying the subscription fee per month? Is there better software out
> there? Are these no better than MSNs video conf software?
>
> If it helps, we both have broadband, I use XP, my brother uses win
> 2000.
>
> I would really appreciate your help
>
> thank you
>
> Lee
December 4, 2004 7:38:19 PM

cheers for your response

well, if u think i can get a *live* performance thru msn, i wont
bother paying extra to get the same kind of service!

good news for my tight brother!

ty once again
Anonymous
December 5, 2004 11:54:31 AM

waxwabbit <waxwabbit@altavista.com> wrote:

> However, I want to make sure we have the best software too. Can you
> recommend one with excellent frame rates, and obviously exc
> reliabilty?!
>
> Ive noticed CU World and iVisit. To achieve **"live"** perfomances of
> frame rate, which would u recommend, and how much better would it be
> paying the subscription fee per month? Is there better software out
> there? Are these no better than MSNs video conf software?

If you have broadband, why not downloading several and trying these
yourself ? Each one has advantages and drawbacks.

JPaul.

--
/==/==\\-\ Jean-Paul BLANC
/ /--/--//\\ quelque-part (somewhere)
|/| L |\\\ en (in)
\/|| = |||\\\ FRANCE
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 10:31:29 PM

Just got one of these myself. I think you'll be pleased with the picture
quality.
What about Netmeeting? I've yet to try it myself. Any advantages of NM
over Messenger?

!