SBC local / Cingular Combined Billing query

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
December 3, 2004 10:07:27 AM

I'm saving a whopping $3/month on my wireless service via the
"Combined Billing" option (land line & DSL & wireless).

As a result I can no longer view detailed account/billing info via
cingular.com [contract details, call details, sms details - all I can
do is check minutes used)

SBC or Cingular Customer Service cannot tell me how I can check SMS
usage - anyone here know how?
TIA
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
December 3, 2004 8:34:28 PM

In article <c4a432e1.0412030707.35250f64@posting.google.com>,
hkp7@hotmail.com (HF) wrote:

> I'm saving a whopping $3/month on my wireless service via the
> "Combined Billing" option (land line & DSL & wireless).
>
> As a result I can no longer view detailed account/billing info via
> cingular.com [contract details, call details, sms details - all I can
> do is check minutes used)
>
> SBC or Cingular Customer Service cannot tell me how I can check SMS
> usage - anyone here know how?

Have you tried logging into www.cingular.com ?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
December 4, 2004 4:11:36 AM

>> In article <c4a432e1.0412030707.35250f64@posting.google.com>,
>> hkp7@hotmail.com (HF) wrote:
>>
>> I'm saving a whopping $3/month on my wireless service via the
>> "Combined Billing" option (land line & DSL & wireless).
>>
>> As a result I can no longer view detailed account/billing info via
>> cingular.com [contract details, call details, sms details - all I can
>> do is check minutes used)
>>
>> SBC or Cingular Customer Service cannot tell me how I can check SMS
>> usage - anyone here know how?
> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Have you tried logging into www.cingular.com ?

OP tried that, Jack.
Says so in the OP's post.
Or, did you fail to see that as
well?

--
Andrew D. Sisson
a b F Wireless

With SBC/Cingular combined billing, you can only check number of minutes
used.
For SMS, you just have to wait for your bill. My friend has combined
billing and that's all he has.

For combined billing you can also get free FastForward free of charge
(that's call forwarding) -- a $2.99 value.

"HF" <hkp7@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm saving a whopping $3/month on my wireless service via the
> "Combined Billing" option (land line & DSL & wireless).
>
> As a result I can no longer view detailed account/billing info via
> cingular.com [contract details, call details, sms details - all I can
> do is check minutes used)
>
> SBC or Cingular Customer Service cannot tell me how I can check SMS
> usage - anyone here know how?
> TIA
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
December 7, 2004 5:28:10 PM

In <jzwick3-D25452.06131207122004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Tue, 07 Dec
2004 12:13:16 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>SBC in Houston, TX continues as a hold out by doing zilch, nada, nothing
>to promote recycling of its phone books.
>
>Saving money is one motivation, and I want my paper bill, as long as
>none or so little of savings is passed to me, but SBC/Cingular cares not
>about saving trees.

Just because of the prior paragraph? LOL

>Speaking or corporations saving money and not passing it on to
>consumers, I remember a day in 1973 when I signed up to use the new free
>"Automated Teller/Banking Machine" from third national bank of Ohio.
>That didnt last long, they kept all the savings for themselves, and soon
>started charging for using the machines. While certainly they are
>entitled to do that if the want, its now 30 years since I've used such a
>machine.

Gee -- why not shop around just a bit. My bank (Fremont Bank) has totally
free ATMs, and will even credit me fees when I use other ATMs. Another bank
with free ATMs is Washington Mutual.

a b F Wireless
December 19, 2004 10:37:44 AM

Jack Zwick wrote:

> Speaking or corporations saving money and not passing it on to
> consumers, I remember a day in 1973 when I signed up to use the new
free
> "Automated Teller/Banking Machine" from third national bank of Ohio.
> That didnt last long, they kept all the savings for themselves, and
soon
> started charging for using the machines. While certainly they are
> entitled to do that if the want, its now 30 years since I've used
such a
> machine.

What is the mindset for holding a grudge against a nice little bank for
three decades? At least you won't be around when currency is barely
used.

What do you give away?

-United ATM Bankers Alliance
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
December 19, 2004 7:15:16 PM

In article <1103470663.984070.107400@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
hkp7@hotmail.com wrote:

> Jack Zwick wrote:
> >
> > Speaking or corporations saving money and not passing it on to
> > consumers, I remember a day in 1973 when I signed up to use the new
> free
> > "Automated Teller/Banking Machine" from third national bank of Ohio.
> > That didnt last long, they kept all the savings for themselves, and
> soon
> > started charging for using the machines. While certainly they are
> > entitled to do that if the want, its now 30 years since I've used
> such a
> > machine.
>

> What is the mindset for holding a grudge against a nice little bank for
> three decades? At least you won't be around when currency is barely
> used.
>
> What do you give away?
>
> -United ATM Bankers Alliance

You totally missed the point.

The grudge isnt against 3rd National Bank of Ohio, the grudge is against
charging customers for equipment that in fact saves the bank money.

If the Automated Tellers save the bank money (and that what was said 31
years ago), then that is something that might reasonably be expected to
be "given away".
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
December 19, 2004 7:29:08 PM

In <jzwick3-514DD6.10151019122004@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Sun, 19 Dec
2004 16:15:16 GMT, FUDMEISTER Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>In article <1103470663.984070.107400@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
> hkp7@hotmail.com wrote:

>> What is the mindset for holding a grudge against a nice little bank for
>> three decades? At least you won't be around when currency is barely
>> used.
>>
>> What do you give away?
>>
>> -United ATM Bankers Alliance
>
>You totally missed the point.
>
>The grudge isnt against 3rd National Bank of Ohio, the grudge is against
>charging customers for equipment that in fact saves the bank money.
>
>If the Automated Tellers save the bank money (and that what was said 31
>years ago), then that is something that might reasonably be expected to
>be "given away".

It still costs the bank money, just less money.

a b F Wireless
December 19, 2004 7:29:09 PM

news:o %hxd.13210$_3.148900@typhoon.sonic.net...

> In <jzwick3-514DD6.10151019122004@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Sun, 19 Dec
> 2004 16:15:16 GMT, FUDMEISTER Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:
>

> >If the Automated Tellers save the bank money (and that what was said 31
> >years ago), then that is something that might reasonably be expected to
> >be "given away".
>
> It still costs the bank money, just less money.
>
> --

Just more of relentless pursuit of believing that he should get everything
for free. Anything less than that is a case of corporate greed in his eyes.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
December 19, 2004 8:24:15 PM

In <y_qdnRHZzNjwKFjcRVn-1w@adelphia.com> on Sun, 19 Dec 2004 10:08:10 -0700,
"Scott Stephenson" <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote:

>news:o %hxd.13210$_3.148900@typhoon.sonic.net...

>> It still costs the bank money, just less money.

>Just more of relentless pursuit of believing that he should get everything
>for free. Anything less than that is a case of corporate greed in his eyes.

It's actually better to have the fee broken out, rather than bundled, because
that promotes economic efficiency -- only those actually using the service pay
for it.

December 19, 2004 8:24:16 PM

John Navas wrote:

> In <y_qdnRHZzNjwKFjcRVn-1w@adelphia.com> on Sun, 19 Dec 2004 10:08:10 -0700,
> "Scott Stephenson" <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote:
>

>>"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>>news:o %hxd.13210$_3.148900@typhoon.sonic.net...
>

>>>It still costs the bank money, just less money.
>

>>Just more of relentless pursuit of believing that he should get everything
>>for free. Anything less than that is a case of corporate greed in his eyes.
>

> It's actually better to have the fee broken out, rather than bundled, because
> that promotes economic efficiency -- only those actually using the service pay
> for it.

That's the way it works at my bank, but at least they don't charge for
using the ballpoint pens at the desk. Yet. The only non-fee ATM
machine is the one in the lobby - everything else has a user fee
associated with it, including the teller service. I prefer it.

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'
Anonymous

In article <cq4l6q$co6@library2.airnews.net>, Jer <gdunn@airmail.ten>
wrote:

> John Navas wrote:
> > [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
> >
> > In <y_qdnRHZzNjwKFjcRVn-1w@adelphia.com> on Sun, 19 Dec 2004 10:08:10 -0700,
> > "Scott Stephenson" <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote:
> >

> >>"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
> >>news:o %hxd.13210$_3.148900@typhoon.sonic.net...

> >>Just more of relentless pursuit of believing that he should get everything
> >>for free. Anything less than that is a case of corporate greed in his eyes.

I just go by the bank's own press releases.

"ATMs will save us money"
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
December 20, 2004 1:27:03 AM

> I just go by the bank's own press releases.
>
> "ATMs will save us money"

And what do you have to prove this wrong? I'll answer that for you-
absolutely nothing. Once again trying to make an issue where none exists,
and doing a very poor job of it.
December 20, 2004 1:27:03 AM

Jack Zwick wrote:

> In article <cq4l6q$co6@library2.airnews.net>, Jer <gdunn@airmail.ten>
> wrote:
>

>>John Navas wrote:
>>
>>>[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

> I just go by the bank's own press releases.
>
> "ATMs will save us money"

You're right Jack, we were sold ATM service with a "saving money" pitch,
just like we were sold a war in Iraq with a terrorism pitch. Let's just
shoot 'em all and let God sort 'em out. ;)

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'
Anonymous

In article <cq52ri$ku@library2.airnews.net>, Jer <gdunn@airmail.ten>
wrote:

> Jack Zwick wrote:
>
> > In article <cq4l6q$co6@library2.airnews.net>, Jer <gdunn@airmail.ten>
> > wrote:

> > I just go by the bank's own press releases.
> >
> > "ATMs will save us money"
>

> You're right Jack, we were sold ATM service with a "saving money" pitch,
> just like we were sold a war in Iraq with a terrorism pitch. Let's just
> shoot 'em all and let God sort 'em out. ;)

Simple, dont use ATMs, and don't join the National Guard. Kerry warned
about the draft. We got it already.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
December 20, 2004 2:32:26 AM

> In article <cq52ri$ku@library2.airnews.net>, Jer <gdunn@airmail.ten>
> wrote:
>
> > Jack Zwick wrote:

> > > I just go by the bank's own press releases.
> > >
> > > "ATMs will save us money"
> >

> > You're right Jack, we were sold ATM service with a "saving money" pitch,
> > just like we were sold a war in Iraq with a terrorism pitch. Let's just
> > shoot 'em all and let God sort 'em out. ;)
>
> Simple, dont use ATMs, and don't join the National Guard. Kerry warned
> about the draft. We got it already.

Yeah Kerry warned of the draft while it was his very own party trying to
push it through congress.

Good analogy dumbass.

--
SS
Anonymous

> > Simple, dont use ATMs

Most of the time we don't, where the ATMs require you know your pin and
charge a fee, It is free to use your debit Visa card to get cash inside any
bank they want a picture id. Don't have a bank account just a brokage
account but all my cash comes from banks with the debit card. Guess everyone
who is paying ATM fees is paying for my fees. Banks may make money if you
use a credit card vs the debit card. We travel a lot and have yet to find a
bank that wanted a fee for us using our card inside the bank.

Guess my point is that people pay to use ATM's because they will, now why
I'am not charged to use a more expensive teller I have no idea.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
December 21, 2004 1:19:42 AM

In <jzwick3-DBF7BF.16265519122004@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Sun, 19 Dec
2004 22:27:02 GMT, FUDMEISTER Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>I just go by the bank's own press releases.
>
> "ATMs will save us money"

As I wrote, "It still costs the bank money, just less money."