How to move 3Com HomeConnect 100 ft away from desktop?

I love this camera, but would like to be able to set it up in other
rooms. I understand that there are limits on how many USB
extensions you can use. Is there such a thing as a wireless USB
port? Or some other solution?

yes... it's called a wireless network camera.

announcement@eagletron.com says...

>We sell USB extension kits:
>
>http://www.trackercam.com/TCamWeb/usbkits.htm
>but they are not cheap ...

Thanks, but that's a lot more than I'm interested in spending.

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 17:40:59 -0600, Peabody
<waybackKILLSPAM44@yahoo.com> wrote:

>announcement@eagletron.com says...
>>

>>We sell USB extension kits:
>>
>>http://www.trackercam.com/TCamWeb/usbkits.htm
>>but they are not cheap ...
>
>Thanks, but that's a lot more than I'm interested in spending.

Extending USB usually runs about $2/ft at its cheapest from what
I've seen. USB cams are made for grand parents/grand kids, and
nakkkeeed net types that stay at the computers. You should look
into ethernet IP cams or analog cams for longer distances. Below
is a reasonable cost source for analog cams. The ones with Sony
chips are usually have pretty good video quality.

http://207.207.29.130/store/home.asp

could you use a usb video grabbing device as a webcam with a wireless colour
camera attatched to wireless unit?

that way the limit of the usb is down to the wireless cmaera kits
range...usb isnt the probelm then...

i have wireless cameras that plug into pc using a dvr card...one of these is
a good 100 feet from pc and works well

http://quavis.co.uk/easywebcam.html

thats where it lives....and has worked well for years now..the while set up
was

£ 20 for eachcamera...

£20 for dvr card

and £2 a month for web space...