Some gremlin put it in your programs/startup folder.

"shane" <shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi all.
| Can someone tell me why my wordpad opens every time I turn
on my computer

Shane

Nope :(....I had allready tried that. I also get a warning from my firewall
that says this
Malicious script detected
You computer is halted and needs to do something about this script
Object: Windows Script Host Shell Object
Activity: Regwrite
File: C:\ Windows\Fonts\Msoffice.hta

Now i've tried to go there and delete the font but the font "Msoffice.hta"
dosint exist in C:\ Windows\Fonts\Msoffice.hta :(

"Jim Macklin" wrote:

> Some gremlin put it in your programs/startup folder.

> "shane" <shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Hi all.
> | Can someone tell me why my wordpad opens every time I turn
> on my computer

The HTA extension is NOT a font, it's a HTML application. A HTML
application is similar to a web page, but isn't subject to all of the
restrictions that reduce the mischef regular htm and html files can
attempt. You should use an antivirus and some anti spyware utilities to
scan your system.

shane wrote:

> Nope :(....I had allready tried that. I also get a warning from my firewall
> that says this
> Malicious script detected
> You computer is halted and needs to do something about this script
> Object: Windows Script Host Shell Object
> Activity: Regwrite
> File: C:\ Windows\Fonts\Msoffice.hta
>
> Now i've tried to go there and delete the font but the font "Msoffice.hta"
> dosint exist in C:\ Windows\Fonts\Msoffice.hta :(
>
> "Jim Macklin" wrote:
>

>>Some gremlin put it in your programs/startup folder.
>>

>>--
>>The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
>>But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
>>

>>"shane" <shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>| Hi all.
>>| Can someone tell me why my wordpad opens every time I turn
>>on my computer

Your PC's infected. That's why you're getting the warning. You
might want to take a look here:

http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/chronicles.htm

Scroll down to the Variant 13 section.

Download and run the CWShredder program to see if it fixes the
problem.

What AV program are you running? Is it a recent version, no older
than 2003? If so update it and run a scan. If not try one of the
following free scans.

http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

Good luck

Nepatsfan
> Nope :(....I had allready tried that. I also get a warning from
> my firewall
> that says this
> Malicious script detected
> You computer is halted and needs to do something about this
> script
> Object: Windows Script Host Shell Object
> Activity: Regwrite
> File: C:\ Windows\Fonts\Msoffice.hta
>
> Now i've tried to go there and delete the font but the font
> "Msoffice.hta"
> dosint exist in C:\ Windows\Fonts\Msoffice.hta :(
>
> "Jim Macklin" wrote:
>
>> Some gremlin put it in your programs/startup folder.
>>

>> --
>> The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
>> But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
>>

>> "shane" <shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> | Hi all.
>> | Can someone tell me why my wordpad opens every time I turn
>> on my computer

Shane

CWShredder was the answer to my probleme
tyvm guys
and ty nepatsfan
"Nepatsfan" wrote:

> Your PC's infected. That's why you're getting the warning. You
> might want to take a look here:
>
> http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/chronicles.htm
>
> Scroll down to the Variant 13 section.
>
> Download and run the CWShredder program to see if it fixes the
> problem.
>
> What AV program are you running? Is it a recent version, no older
> than 2003? If so update it and run a scan. If not try one of the
> following free scans.
>
> http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
>
> http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym
>
> Good luck
>
> Nepatsfan
> "shane" <shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Nope :(....I had allready tried that. I also get a warning from
> > my firewall
> > that says this
> > Malicious script detected
> > You computer is halted and needs to do something about this
> > script
> > Object: Windows Script Host Shell Object
> > Activity: Regwrite
> > File: C:\ Windows\Fonts\Msoffice.hta
> >
> > Now i've tried to go there and delete the font but the font
> > "Msoffice.hta"
> > dosint exist in C:\ Windows\Fonts\Msoffice.hta :(
> >
> > "Jim Macklin" wrote:
> >
> >> Some gremlin put it in your programs/startup folder.
> >>

> >> --
> >> The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
> >> But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
> >>

> >> "shane" <shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> on my computer

Even though that took care of your original problem, you might
want to do a thorough search for other pests. At the very least
run an AV scan in Safe Mode. You might also want to download,
install, update and run AdAware in Safe Mode. It's available
here:

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

If you want some more info, take a look at this site:

http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

--
Nepatsfan
> CWShredder was the answer to my probleme
> tyvm guys
> and ty nepatsfan
> "Nepatsfan" wrote:
>
>> Your PC's infected. That's why you're getting the warning. You
>> might want to take a look here:
>>
>> http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/chronicles.htm
>>
>> Scroll down to the Variant 13 section.
>>
>> Download and run the CWShredder program to see if it fixes the
>> problem.
>>
>> What AV program are you running? Is it a recent version, no
>> older
>> than 2003? If so update it and run a scan. If not try one of
>> the
>> following free scans.
>>
>> http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
>>
>> http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym
>>
>> Good luck
>>
>> Nepatsfan
>> "shane" <shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Nope :(....I had allready tried that. I also get a warning
>> > from
>> > my firewall
>> > that says this
>> > Malicious script detected
>> > You computer is halted and needs to do something about this
>> > script
>> > Object: Windows Script Host Shell Object
>> > Activity: Regwrite
>> > File: C:\ Windows\Fonts\Msoffice.hta
>> >
>> > Now i've tried to go there and delete the font but the font
>> > "Msoffice.hta"
>> > dosint exist in C:\ Windows\Fonts\Msoffice.hta :(

Fonts folder doesn't use a folder viewer but a font viewer. Therefore it only shows installed fonts not files. You need to use a command prompt to access files in Fonts.

http://www.uscricket.com