np26g-usb port 80

Does anyone know if there is a product similiar to the compex np26g-usb
that can be used as a webcam server? It it a nice product , however I
am not able to use it because it uses port 80 only. My ISP has blocked
port 80. Is there an alternative product?

http://www.asus.com.tw/products/communication/wireless/wl-500g/overview.htm
this is a wowie!

if you have a router infront of cpx-usb cam server,
maybe try port forwarding something like port 8080>80 for lan-cam
if u have `virtual server` configs in router maybe use it for the forward .

I have same router w/cam firmware remote as access point with one usb cam
and four ipcams into it and cant get it talking internally for ports in a
normal way so access is to lanIP/80 Maybe I just dont speak or
understand their "Webcam Port: External Visit Port:" lingo. Ive tried
hard though. Does work though lan80/wan8080 here.

bumtracks wrote:

http://www.asus.com.tw/products/communication/wireless/wl-500g/overview.htm
> this is a wowie!
>
> if you have a router infront of cpx-usb cam server,
> maybe try port forwarding something like port 8080>80 for lan-cam
> if u have `virtual server` configs in router maybe use it for the
forward .

> I have same router w/cam firmware remote as access point with one
usb cam
> and four ipcams into it and cant get it talking internally for
ports in a
> normal way so access is to lanIP/80 Maybe I just dont speak or
> understand their "Webcam Port: External Visit Port:" lingo. Ive
tried
> hard though. Does work though lan80/wan8080 here.
>

> <zazzaron@cox.net> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know if there is a product similiar to the compex
np26g-usb
> > that can be used as a webcam server? It it a nice product ,
however I
> > am not able to use it because it uses port 80 only. My ISP has
blocked
> > port 80. Is there an alternative product?

Thanks for the info on the wl-500g. I am seriously considering it.
As for trying the port forward of 8080 > 80, I would like to try that
but I don't see any way to do that on my router ( linksys wrt54GS ) It
can only forward a port to an IP address. Is there some command line
way to forward a port to another port?

> Thanks for the info on the wl-500g. I am seriously considering it.
> As for trying the port forward of 8080 > 80, I would like to try that
> but I don't see any way to do that on my router ( linksys wrt54GS ) It
> can only forward a port to an IP address. Is there some command line
> way to forward a port to another port?

if it says something about forward and port and IP address sounds like
that's the spot you wanna configure then your camera wan URL address
would be something like http://199.103.143.321:8080 your wan IP
followed with colon and port number

just a guess here, if that doesn't work right off the bat ... cpx cam user
setup set those ports also ... Webcam Port:8080 External Visit
Port:8080

"bumtracks" <posted@usenet.bud> wrote in message

> > Thanks for the info on the wl-500g. I am seriously considering it.
> > As for trying the port forward of 8080 > 80, I would like to try that
> > but I don't see any way to do that on my router ( linksys wrt54GS ) It
> > can only forward a port to an IP address. Is there some command line
> > way to forward a port to another port?
> >
> if it says something about forward and port and IP address sounds like
> that's the spot you wanna configure then your camera wan URL address
> would be something like http://199.103.143.321:8080 your wan IP
> followed with colon and port number

TRENDING THREADS