Sign in with
Your question

My mother's trip pics to DVD... help

Last response: in Storage
December 13, 2006 12:16:48 AM

I was wondering if anyone had some ideas about how to advise my mother. She just got back from a trip traveling around the Black Sea, parts of Turkey, and then all around Greece, and now she wants to make a DVD that anyone can drop into a DVD player and view her pictures.

I ordered her one of the Lite-On 18x DVD-Roms, but that is the easy part.

At the moment, she has the pictures on her hard drive divided into about twenty folders, organized by different places on her trip; the total contents of all the folders is around 4GB. Is there some software that will allow a burned final product to move from folder to folder (like chapters on a DVD), select one, and view the pictures inside one by one from a DVD player? Can Nero do this? I might already have what I need.

She also wants to be able to easily add text to some of the pictures, telling a small story, naming a place or a person, that kind of thing. I have never done anything like this. What would you recommend doing?

Thanks...

More about : mother trip pics dvd

a b G Storage
December 13, 2006 10:43:31 AM

You can get some slideshow software and make movies out of the pictures.
December 13, 2006 11:20:59 AM

sorry to be the party-pooper,
but it hope you've orded a DVD-/+r and not a DVD rom ;-)
but now to work,
some DVD players can skip from folder to folder, but really depends on the DVD player.
if you want to make an interactive DVD with a menu you really need some other software.

some software from ulead or google for free photos to dvd
Related resources
December 14, 2006 2:24:54 PM

Worry not... it is a DVD burner that I ordered.
December 14, 2006 9:25:32 PM

Not bad, bacis. Not bad at all. :lol: 
December 16, 2006 12:40:17 AM

Nice software. I ran it on my computer last night, with no problems, but now at my mother's house, it has caused her computer to freeze after a small bit of use. I have restarted the computer 5 or 6 times now already.

She has a Barton 2500+ and 512 MB or ram... it should be working fine. Perhaps it is the old Nvidia driver... 44.03
May 26, 2009 8:21:12 PM

Hi Titanion,
Did you got the pictures on DVD or not?
If you still want that I can help.
Contact me on email: rotary44@hotmail.com
Regards
!