I am over requirements, why is there problems?

Theangryurchin

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
I wanted to see if i could play marrowind, i went to the game advisor from windowsgaming.com and it says the minimum graphis is
"Graphics Card: Display Adapter with 32MB memory"

i have a 64 i have onboard graphics (intel 82845g chipset)

I don't understand how i don't meet the requiremtns.

predatorgsr

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
Without looking, it may require 32 mb of dedicated graphics memory, which the onboard may not have. Either way, you're gonna want a graphics card to play games, even if it will work, it will barely play.

mpjesse

Splendid
The problem isn't video memory, it's who makes your video card. Intel graphics blow, period. I remember Morrowind needing like 64MB when it first came out. In fact it ran like crap on my GeForce 3 which had 64MB. It was one of the first games to use pixel shading pretty heavily. I got these system requirements from planetelderscrolls.com

Minimum system requirements:
Windows ME/98 128 MB RAM; Windows XP/2000 256 MB RAM; 500 MHz Intel Pentium III, Celeron, or AMD Athlon processor; 8x CD/DVD-ROM Drive; 1 GB free hard disk space; Windows swapfile; DirectX 8.1 (included); 32MB Direct3D Compatible video card and DirectX 8.1 compatible driver; DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card; Keyboard; Mouse

Recommended:
800 MHz or faster Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon processor; 256 MB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS, or ATI Radeon 7500 or faster video card.

Notice Intel is absent from the recommended list. Always go by the recommended requirements, not the minimums. And if you want to play a game, buy a new video card that has either ATI or nVidia stamped on it.

Theangryurchin

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
yeah, i was gonna but all i got is pci slot. And i posted on here if i should even get a pci card an dit was pretty much all no. I'm going to upgrade my computer when i go to college next fall, but i need something to enteretaing me till then.