Not too much experience in cable management, any advice?

eatinpaper

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
I would just like to know any ways to manage cables in my Lian li 65 case to to lower my temps. I was told that when I take off my side panel my cpu temps should increase. But when I take off my side panel my cpu temps drop 8 degrees and my ambient drop about 4 degrees. What I am currently doing with my case is I have 2 intake fans in the front with only a hard drive blocking it, a top exhaust fan mostly unblocked, an expansion slot fan right below my video card, and an exhaust fan completely blocked by my scythe infinity cooler. I have the majority of my cables bundled together in the top of my case right below my dvd drive.

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Well taking the side panel off obviously will only make things better. You must have misunderstood. Sounds like you have decent airflow, do you have any pictures of your rig?

Just get creative and route wires from their destination plug, directly to the back wall of the case, use cable ties or twist ties, electrical tape or any ingenious method to keep them out of the way.

Ex:
Mike261162447137DSCN0430.JPG

Here is what I do to hide extra wires:
vassi1i1137613568rigpic8.jpg

eatinpaper

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
Kudos to your cable management. What you have done looks amazing. Also I did plan to put pics on but I don't have an sd card reader. I'd post pics because my old comp had an sd card reader, but its a hassle to plug and unplug my computers in.
Opening the case will LOWER the temperature if the internal cross-flow is inadequate; opening the case will RAISE the CPU temperature if internal air circulation is working PROPERLY, since a closed case in the latter circumstance acts as an air duct, pulling the air past the CPU.
That is exactly what the person said and I don't think I read it wrong. Thanks for the pics. I plan to do exactly that as soon as I turn off my comp.