cpu fan is noisy

gbp007

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
Hi , my cpu fan is starting to become noisy and it's not as quiet as it used to be when i bought my computer 10 months ago..I have a cooler master and the average speed is 1660 rpm..I recently tried to install a intel cpu fan on there but it was hard because of those plastic caps around the pins..Im looking for a cpu fan that i can just screw it with a screwdriver but not those plastic pins cpu fan's ..Where can i get a quiet and good quality cpu fan that is not noisy ? What brand would be good ? Please help as it would be appreciated..

gbp007

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
Hi guys , sorry i didnt give more information..I have a hp m7360n media center pc with an intel pentium d 920 3.2ghz processor and it goes on a socket 775 ..I need a cpu fan with the heatsink on it and im planning to waste no more than 50 dollars..what would you all recommend as a quiet cpu fan for this pc ?

gbp007

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
Im just looking for a normal size cpu fan like the one i have but quiet ..The one you showed me has plastic around the pins and i find it hard to install..Is there one where i can just screw the pins with a screwdriver ?

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
well they exist, but I don't know which are clipped and which not. Tried newegg? perhaps the attachment type is listed? (no idea)
Anyhow, I've got a spare thermaltake silent boost somewhere at home, and they came with backplates - thus not clips. Perhaps such a thing is an option - that fan in particular is not tho, cause it was far from silent with its 92mm fan ... but another of that kind might be.

TRENDING THREADS