I received this email from my son can anyone help with this

When I boot up Internet Explorer starts automatically, it must be in the
boot command, how would I go about disabling it so The computer just boots
to the desktop?

With Kind Regards From WillofAustralia

Hi,

Nearly always caused by malware. These programs can help him clean it out:

Adaware www.lavasoft.de
Spybot www.safer-networking.org

This one can help you avoid these programs from being installed in the first
place:
Spyware Blaster: www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"willofAustralia" <xub1@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
>I received this email from my son can anyone help with this
>

> When I boot up Internet Explorer starts automatically, it must be in the
> boot command, how would I go about disabling it so The computer just boots
> to the desktop?
>

> With Kind Regards From WillofAustralia

You can also use free Microsoft Anti Spyware Beta

---
lxa
http://lxa.8bit.co.uk/

> Hi,
>
> Nearly always caused by malware. These programs can help him clean it out:
>
> Adaware www.lavasoft.de
> Spybot www.safer-networking.org
>
> This one can help you avoid these programs from being installed in the
> first place:
> Spyware Blaster: www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "willofAustralia" <xub1@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
>>I received this email from my son can anyone help with this
>>

>> When I boot up Internet Explorer starts automatically, it must be in the
>> boot command, how would I go about disabling it so The computer just
>> boots to the desktop?
>>

>> With Kind Regards From WillofAustralia

Warning: If you are not an experienced user be careful. The beta is giving
a lot of false positives and you can break things removing some of what it
"finds".

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"lxa" <lxa@no.spam.com> wrote in message
> You can also use free Microsoft Anti Spyware Beta
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
>
> ---
> lxa
> http://lxa.8bit.co.uk/

>> Hi,
>>
>> Nearly always caused by malware. These programs can help him clean
>> it out: Adaware www.lavasoft.de
>> Spybot www.safer-networking.org
>>
>> This one can help you avoid these programs from being installed in
>> the first place:
>> Spyware Blaster: www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "willofAustralia" <xub1@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
>>> I received this email from my son can anyone help with this
>>>
>>> When I boot up Internet Explorer starts automatically, it must be
>>> in the boot command, how would I go about disabling it so The
>>> computer just boots to the desktop?
>>>

>>> With Kind Regards From WillofAustralia

johnf

Agreed.
Steer clear of ANY Beta programs. Wait until they're finalised and
completely debugged.
They're not intended for the average user, but only for approved MS
Beta-testers.
I'm surprised that MS has made this one available to the public for
downloading without any provisos.

--

johnf

> Warning: If you are not an experienced user be careful. The beta is
> giving a lot of false positives and you can break things removing some
> of what it "finds".
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC
> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx
>
> "lxa" <lxa@no.spam.com> wrote in message
>> You can also use free Microsoft Anti Spyware Beta
>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
>>
>> ---
>> lxa
>> http://lxa.8bit.co.uk/
>>
>> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Nearly always caused by malware. These programs can help him clean
>>> it out: Adaware www.lavasoft.de
>>> Spybot www.safer-networking.org
>>>
>>> This one can help you avoid these programs from being installed in
>>> the first place:
>>> Spyware Blaster: www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best of Luck,

>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>>> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
>>> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>>
>>> "willofAustralia" <xub1@dodo.com.au> wrote in message

but not necessarily - IE might be in the Startup folder - which would cause it to
launch at boot-up into Windows.

> Hi,
>
> Nearly always caused by malware. These programs can help him clean it out:
>
> Adaware www.lavasoft.de
> Spybot www.safer-networking.org
>
> This one can help you avoid these programs from being installed in the first
> place:
> Spyware Blaster: www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "willofAustralia" <xub1@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> >I received this email from my son can anyone help with this
> >

> > When I boot up Internet Explorer starts automatically, it must be in the
> > boot command, how would I go about disabling it so The computer just boots
> > to the desktop?
> >

> > With Kind Regards From WillofAustralia

Hi Andrew,

As I said, "nearly always". Generally, a shortcut for IE isn't going to get
into the startup folder unless the user placed it there. Malware, however,
causes all sorts of unpredictable behavior.