Need help with my X-Fi ExtremeMusic card

franktam918

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2006
Hi everyone,

I just put together a system by using the X-Fi ExtremeMusic card.
However I am experiencing some weired problem:
The card will only detect and work fine on every other reboot of the system.
Which means it works fine under odd number of boot up, but doesn't work under even number of boot up (the system detects it as a Multimedia Audio Controller and can't find the drivers)
The sequence is like this:
1st boot: everything goes fine
reboot #1: only detects "Multimedia Audio Controller"
reboot #2: fine
reboot #3: detects as "Multimedia Audio Controller" again
reboot #4: fine
reboot #5: "Multimedia Audio Controller" again

Does anyone has any idea? Thanks a lot for the help!

Oliver_FF

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
you should consider yourself lucky that it works at all, i've got a Creative X-Fi Elite Pro that has a device ID that creative have never even made and so I've got a £220 "Multimedia Audio Device" that just sits around looking cool :p

Plus their tech support don't seem to know anything - email them with your precise problem and you'll get email back saying "have you tried installing the drivers? have you tried the LATEST drivers?, download them and try again"

The ironic thing is, on the back of my card is like 4 "QC PASSED" stickers :p

n0odle

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
Yes, I am having this problem too with my XtremeMusic....still can't figure it out. Drivers on the CD and the new drivers in the site didn't do anything.

n0odle

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
looks like I will have to RMA the card~~~
sux.......... :?

You don't have to RMA the card. Its not your card's fault. I have this problem but only in my new C2D rig. On my older systems even with an older HP P4 system it works perfectly fine. I am thinking that it is some compablity issue with newer chipsets.

irocem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
I had that problem with my x-fi extrememusic.. try uninstalling all the drivers..go into the system properties and delete the soundblaster...Reboot your computer and when it detects it..and asks for the drivers ,hit cancel..then run the drivers cd..you should go to soundblaster.com and download the latest drivers with openal..you won't need the cd..hope this helps..

franktam918

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2006
I had that problem with my x-fi extrememusic.. try uninstalling all the drivers..go into the system properties and delete the soundblaster...Reboot your computer and when it detects it..and asks for the drivers ,hit cancel..then run the drivers cd..you should go to soundblaster.com and download the latest drivers with openal..you won't need the cd..hope this helps..

Thanks a lot for ur opinion, I will try it tomorrow. Hope it works~~~

rio65

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2006
Ok, I it is not simple so wrote. We smoke the grant to x-fi. To me creative has hinted, that I am a near person, have tested their ingenious creation of synthetics on any there a flank USP, have not understood all terrible plan. Here also have received " our answer to the fool ". Unfortunately I have not tested in due time a payment on X-Fi I/O62 (fondly was content then inexpensive on chip Yamaha). However problems have remained till now outside of my ASUS motherboard of time and consequently not slippery PCI-problem even strange, somehow a green pencil x-fi is broken, that is why PCI problems is not defined test "blind" comparative estimations to the games supported both X-fi and EAX2 practically were always unequivocal: on X-fi! The pie was very successfully transferred.
I don't know why it happens with x-fi. :cry: